Foosball.com Forums

thoughts on Viper Maverick table

thoughts on Viper Maverick table
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:56:41 PM »
I picked up a Viper Maverick table through a reward program.  Had very limited choices, and this one seemed the best option.

I am not the most avid player (sorry!), but the table seems to play well.  It is very sturdy and well-built, but the rods could move easier.  I will take care of that.

What is the general consensus on this table? 

Thanks

GDG

Re: thoughts on Viper Maverick table
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:07:59 AM »
I quite like the playfield colour! Even though it's missing some guide markings, it looks really good, and may even be a quality material that resists warping (thermoplastic?). 

Those  integrated drink holders are pretty cool... I would get lots of use there... 

Counter balanced men is good, however I would want a more modern foot shape asap... so I'd put warrior figures pins n bumpers on it. 

Solid rods, heavy to twist but resistant to beginner abuse. 

The handles are shaped well, but hard to assess by description and sales literature.  They might be press on / adhesive type.

The leveling system is minimal, but adequate if the table is static. 

Don't even consider using those molded soccer balls, they are not a reasonable choice for any table... get one of fb.com's high end urethane balls... http://shop.foosball.com/grippyballkit.html

overall looks like a starter table for occasional play, very attractive for beginners/kids, has some unique hardware so has low resale value unless it's like new.  Considering you picked it up on points, I would consider small investments that will really improve it.