Foosball.com Forums

Offensive 3-bar distraction while shooting

Offensive 3-bar distraction while shooting
« on: February 21, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »
First off, hello everyone!

Next, is it possible to commit an offensive distraction with the 3-bar when that 3-bar has possession of the ball (IE excessive tapping of the ball or bumping the wall with a fake?). If so, would it depend if the ball moves when the wall is bumped IE resetting yourself, but not caring for your own purposes.

Case described:
I set up for a pull shot, then fake around the pull bringing the 3 bar to the near wall with a bump so that the outside man is sitting right over the ball. I pause 1/4 second in that position, then fake the shot with outside man and turn directly into a pull-kick hammering it into the net. It happens extremely fast so the bump is on almost the same timing as a slingshot bump.

I was called on a distraction from a pro level player because of the bump, but believe it is no more of a distraction than an aggressive walking rollover.

Verdict anyone?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Offensive 3-bar distraction while shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
Definitely a distraction. I'm sure others will chime in here. Try telling Tony Spredeman a walking rollover is a distraction, pretty sure your going to lose that argument.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:23:07 AM »
For reference:
Ryan Moore does the EXACT same thing here against Tony at the 8:10 mark, but rather than going to a pull-kick he tries a slingshot. No distraction....neither is a walking rollover :-)

Watch "Tony Spredeman vs Ryan Moore OS final" on YouTube
Tony Spredeman vs Ryan Moore OS final: http://youtu.be/dx7ivTbNltI

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 03:14:35 PM »
FYI I got a verdict from a pro referee confirmed by a second one, it was NOT a distraction.