Foosball.com Forums

What should i offer for this table?

What should i offer for this table?
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:00:14 PM »
Well i don't know exactly how much this table is worth or background information on it. Looking to get a starter foosball table since im albit low on cash but i still want to get into playing one.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/4861462596.html

What do you guys think? I the only other tables i saw around where fat cat brands for about 100 and there was a tornado table but it was 400 and needs replacing of parts which will take it to about 600.

Thanks guys.

Re: What should i offer for this table?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 12:59:54 AM »
Quick note: did research and found out its tournament soccer.

i also found 2 older ones, (blue top)

fixer upper:

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/tag/4871008857.html

decent one:

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/for/4874773282.html

What do you think i should do? Buy the cheap one and order men for it? The other table i was thinking was a atomic pro force foosball table for around 300 dollars new.

Thanks again

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 01:30:54 AM »
Any good salesman would ask `what the table is for` and `what is your intentions with foosball`.

The first table is an older style yet quite good table, it is significantly different than the modern tornado,shelti,fireball,warrior due to the figure foot design, playfield, and sloped perimeter.  It does have the newer yellow guys which is a bonus over the others you suggest.  But the design is dated and some modern features are missing.

Would I buy one if I was serious about competition... well no.  It has significant differences with ball control and shot selection and switching tables will require adjustment.

If I wanted reliable cheap recreational fun in my basement... for sure...   it looks to be in great shape and its a pretty tough-good design compared with most $200 tables.   Many or most players started on this kind of table.

I would keep in mind the cost of a warrior or used cyclone II.  Good news is your losses will be minimal when or if you flip it. 

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »
Personally all I play on are older style tables like these. And like he said, it all depends on what you want, but I would by the third table for a few different reasons. First off table one has square footed hard plastic men which personally I don't like to play with because the ball will trap itself too often and I wouldn't get the second table because it has different style players and would make for awkward play(you could replace the players if you wanted to either tornado style or tournament style) but the third tale looks to be indecent shape as long as you check the slopes for cracks and flushness. Hope this helps

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
The first table got sold, although a coin operated tornado table appeared in my town yesterday, I'm going to try to contact the seller and see if he can take it for 250-350.

I think i will just end up buying a tornado table for the quality and just keep it for a long time.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »
If I'm looking at the same table, that looks like a nice brown marble. Coin mechanism alteration is a bit wacky, but not a deal killer. If you could get the table for $350 and there are no issues, it's a good buy.