Foosball.com Forums

how to dismantle a Garlando Coperto

how to dismantle a Garlando Coperto
« on: April 24, 2015, 07:06:01 AM »
Hi,
I am new to this forum and I have some questions here pertaining to a used Garlando Coperto table that I am going to buy.
I plan to have this table dismantle into a few parts and place it into my MPV. I have enlisted my son's help in carrying it to my MPV.

Instead of carrying it as a whole, I was thinking of breaking it down to a few parts to reduce the load. I know the legs can be separated.
So my questions are:

1) Can the top part of it ie the part that holds the rods and the glass top, be separated? I saw that it was hinged and there was a gas struts on both sides that holds it up.
2) can the playfied be separated?
3) how easy is it to put all these back?
4) I will also need to remove the rods and handle as the width is more than the width of my MPV. I read that it can be done with a mallet on a spanner.
5) any special tools needed for the above? Or just allen keys, spanner, mallet and screwdrivers will do?

If all these are possible, I am left with 5 parts ie legs, main body (that housed the ball return and coin mech), top part, handle cum rods and playfield. Thus, making it lighter for us to carry.

As to the conditon of the table:
1) I saw that this table is fitted with the rare John Prescott player with spinny feet and funny expression. But some of these men are not properly aligned. I don't see it as a problem as I recall seeing a allen key hole on each of these players. I think it can be loosen and rotated back for correct alignment. Is it as simple as it seems?
2) rods are telescopic and generally smooth
3) playfied is of sandblasted type....but I do like to know how does one test if it is flat? I had a visual check and ran my palm over it and it seems fine.

Hoping someone can shed some lights to the above questions....
thank you
doug

Re: how to dismantle a Garlando Coperto
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »
I have no specific experience with a garlando but I don't think you have to worry about a glass play field being warped unless it was defective from the factory. If its a split top you should be able to remove the struts and if it has hinge pins slide  the top in the right direction to separate it.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:41:27 PM »
Oh yes... Make sense. Unless it's laminated, glass won't warp.  Thank you.
Anyone here with experience dismantling a Garlando Coperto?

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 12:38:49 AM »
Hi, does anyone knows I can take out the rods without removing the handles? These players are allen-key-screw onto the rods, I can always remove them.  This is my plan.
1) So on the non handle side of a specific rod, I saw that there is a black disc with 2 screws. I will unscrew them, The rod should dangle off that end.
2) I then unscrew one player at each time and slide them off that end. With all the players and springs having slid off that end, I can now pull the rod out from the handle end. However, the handle end of the rod, I saw a similar black disc but with no screws. Can I just simply pull the rod out?
These rods are all telescopic.
Workable?