Foosball.com Forums

Challenger Fussball Table by O.B.A. Inc.

Challenger Fussball Table by O.B.A. Inc.
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:23 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea what I have on my hands here?  It's the foosball table that my brother and I spent countless hours on as kids:

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=arcadedb&id=704&image=1

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=arcadedb&id=704&image=2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  My wife wants it put in Saturday's yard sale but I think it might be worth something???

Thanks!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
Re: Challenger Fussball Table by O.B.A. Inc.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 06:44:46 PM »
It's one of the many Tornado clones from the 70's.  I've played on it.  Pretty good table.  Beats the heck out of the department store tables.  I don't think you would get much at a garage sale.  It would still be a pretty good table for a non-tournament player or collector.

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:14:04 PM »
What do you need to know about this table?  I have spent thousands of hours on this table.  It originally cost $550 in 1977.  I still play on the table because it remains in excellent condition.  This table is bomb proof if it is taken care of properly.  The great thing about this table is that if you can play on this table, you can play on any table.  I would say that a fair price for this table in good condition would be around $150 to $200.

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »
Thank you guys for the great insight.  I really appreciate it!  Now I just need to decide if the table moves to my son's bedroom...

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 10:37:20 AM »
So I put the table in a yard sale and about an hour into it the owner of a local gaming store (who had already been given photos of the table and knew that it was in the sale) e-mailed me an offer of $250.  I held the table for him and, after the sale, called his store.  I was asked if I had sold the table (which I did not because I was holding it for them) and I answered 'no'.  The response I was given was that they would give me $50 to take the table off my hands.  Nice way to do business...

Anyway, I think we're just going to keep the table but I can't find the balls that went with it.  The table has a glass surface.  Can someone please let me know what types of balls I should purchase for this table?

Thank you!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 10:58:58 AM »
I doubt you can find any original balls.  These would be reasonably close. http://shop.foosball.com/fts-110-363.html

If the guy ever wants you to hold it again, tell him there is a $50 deposit.  He may have realized 250 was too much, but the fact that he offered that obligates him in my mind.

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 11:09:03 AM »
Thanks for the lead on the balls.

We're on the same page with regard to the local business.  I think we both know that I won't be buying replacement balls from them :)