Foosball.com Forums

Hurricane by Tornado

Hurricane by Tornado
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:57:57 PM »
Hi, I recently acquired a Hurricane by Tornado but cant seem to find any information at all about it online. The only link I could find is the one listed below. It's the exact same one. Any ideas?

Also the rods seem to be bent and have slight wobble when you spin them. Mainly the 2 man defense since they have the longest rods.

I want to mention that I'm a noob and this is the first Foosball table I've ever owned. Thanks for any help!!

http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2576M/lots/730

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Hurricane by Tornado
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 10:15:51 AM »
It's a lower end Tornado but it will get you accustomed to the style of play tournament tables offer. Alot of guys hang sandbags from under the table to add weight on these. The sidewalls are thinner and it probly has snap in bearings but get the rods lubed up really good and practice practice.. Hope this helps! Snake

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 03:09:16 PM »
Thanks for the info and insight. The walls on this table looks to be 1 1/2 inch, it does have snap in bearings as well. Would bad bearings cause the Rods to have slight movement when pulling up and down?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
Yes it definitely would. I believe you can buy the bearings here on foosball.com. Bent 2 rods are very common due to the extension used in clearing, shooting the ball probly a $30-$40 ea investment if it bothers you that bad. Also can be purchased 9n this site. Snake

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
Thanks Snake! I went to Peter Billiards to check out some of the newer tables and I guess the wiggle room between rods is similar on snap in bearings. The split bearings have slightly less wiggle room when moving up and down, example "preparing for a snake shot". I've only played on the T-3000 model at work so I guess I was spoiled =). Bought some lube and new tornado balls now it's time to practice!

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
Remember a good offensive 5 man pass and control of the ball on it increases your chances of winning... YouTube some of Tony Spredeman ' s videos in particular "amazing performance by Tony Spredeman" it will blow your mind how good his ball control is. I've played him in singles and the videos just don't do his game justice, sick sick sick snake also both sides deep to the dots. Have fun!

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
I went into a store and a guy told me it they made these to replace the twister model. Listed below is what my table includes.

1. Thicker walls than the standard 1 inch
2. White bumpers on the sides?
3. Goal has a Black plastic that shoots the ball at in angle, Also makes shots very loud
4. Adjustable Legs
5. 1, 1/2 snap in bearings
6. Weighted Foosmen

It defiantly feels different from the T3000 but plays day and night better than the whirlwind

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 05:07:34 PM »
Yep better cabinet than a whirlwind for sure. Get those rods lubed up really good it'll make the table play fast. Also hang some weight off of it so it doesn't move around during hard play. Watch dome videos!!

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 09:04:26 PM »
I bought some tornado lube feels better already. How often do people lube seems to go dry after a week of play? Went from worst at work to being able to beat and hang with some of the top guys there. Plan on practicing some more when I get more time. But as for the heavy bags maybe I'm not hitting hard enough or the table feels heavy enough to not move... If that issue arises I will definitely get some heavy bags. Would anyone recommend switching handles to the newer plastic ones? I have the wood ones and they seems a lot wider and harder to control? It throws me off switching from wood to plastic.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 05:28:14 AM »
If you get 4 big guys playing a heated game the table m8ght try to shift around while your playing. The T3000 weighs around 355# the twister maybe 200#.