Foosball.com Forums

New playa 2 the game

New playa 2 the game
« on: January 31, 2016, 11:24:14 PM »
Hey guys. I know this has prob been asked a bunch around here but I'm looking for the right table for my house. I'm new to foos and a friend gave me a Harvard table that my son and I have been playing on. We have fun but after have this table a week we want a good upgrade. Prob going to get the warrior but if I did bite the bullet and get a t3000 why is the coin op better then the non coin? Any good suggestion on setting up the table would be helpful also. Ty.

Re: New playa 2 the game
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 02:32:23 AM »
To summarize information found elsewhere on this site, the tornado T3000 coinop / split cabinet models are easier to move maintain repair and upgrade.  Furthermore, the materials and construction have been mostly regarded as robust over the years.  The split cabinet and coin tables are heavier and more durable as they are intended for commercial abuse and/or heavy tournament use.  Specifically the coinop has a broader resale market due to it's coin mechanism...

The preference for Tornado split cabinet models is closely related to the organized tournament part of the sport and the standarzation that has occurred over the years in North America.   The T3000 design has not changed much over 20+ years, so players can jump table locations without much adjustment.  The used tornado market, commercial locations, and tournament support all lead to player preference.  Warrior and Fireball have some influence because they have great features, but at this time Tornado has the attention of serious regular players.

All this said, the warrior table is a great midrange home table, capable of really fun gameplay due to its enhanced ball control and gentler learning curve.  It is a bit lighter in construction and feel, not suited for commercial use, yet it is not limited in its capabilities.  Many say it has superior capabilites with ball contol.

If you are a recreational / occasional player it doesn't really matter which you choose.  If you plan to travel and/or compete most here will likely suggest to go with a heavier tornado table.  The T3000 or coin is the top of their line but other tornado tables are very similar with no significant comprimise.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »
Ty very helpful. I'm going to try to order one tomorrow. Will follow up when it gets here.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »
Hey guys I scored a t3000 from cl. A little over kill for what we need but it's a tank. Thanks for all the advise. Will post some pics when I get it all setup. I have to order a few bushings and small odds and ends. What's the easiest way to make it free play?

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:47:39 PM »
Hell yeah...freeplay practice time!!! Currently I use a nice red brick size chunk of memory foam in the goal and find it is the best for a few reasons.... Saves your back and some time, you can balance practice wear on both ends of the table, you need less balls, balls stay cleaner, and you get some added rebound practice if you place the foam just right.  I had built a simple wood frame and blocked the ball carosel by the rail but I really think stuffing the goal is the way to go especially for practice time.   I`m working on a pencil case version to keep foam chunks from popping off into the table.

Officially, you could buy coin slot blanks but then your coin mech gets some serious wear and tear.  Some guys pull out the ready ramp and pull balls off the rail near the carosel entrance; I find the balls get dropped into the cabinet too much.  You could also create an alternate ball return chase but it is a bit of a project and may alter the table a bit. 

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 11:07:03 PM »
We just played our first game on it (4 or us) and it was a blast. Went through hell getting it home and upstairs. I've never played on a tornado table until today. I see why everyone talks so highly about them now.

I work in the car audio field so I mess with mdf a lot. May just whittle something to reroute the balls without altering the table to much.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:12 PM »
So where are you and you're new table located?

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »
Nashville TN area. Anyone on here near the area is welcome to come play.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
You need to pimp that bad boy out with the new yellow and black handles. Does it have the clear side strips? This must be a 1st run T3000. Awesome table ;) prepare for some late nights

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »
Not sure about the side strip. The table is not prestin but it's in very good shape. It was listed for 1000 and ended up getting it for 800. I'm was thinking about changing the handles to yellow and black (not digging the wood ones to much). Going to place a order next week for the bushings anyway. What's a good lube for the rods? Also seen a few diff punches and not sure which one to get also. Ty again for all the help.

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 07:58:38 PM »
I think I speak for just about everyone...buy FOOSLUBE  its not that expensive and not just any silicone lube will do the job

As for the punch  did you check inside cabinet carefully?  the standard one is pretty small and could be rolling around in there.  I would still recommend the deluxe  though:

http://shop.foosball.com/superpindriver.html

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 08:03:17 PM »
Look in the playfield it's the strips that run the length of the table on each side,  old style are white and the new ones are clear. They are different! The white ones are beveled and the new clear ones are pretty flat and Def affect play. Especially on a far wall stick pass. This site has a shop section buy the bottle silicone lube and use nothing else or it will gum up the rods/bushings. I can't remember the size pin punch but ace hardware has those, take a roll pin with you when you go. Hope this helps,, nice table oh and the new bushings are also slimmer profile you'll like. Snake

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:40:40 PM »
Nice Table! Congrats!  8)

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 11:23:14 PM »
Ty

Mine has the white trim so it's prob the older model . I think I have my nephew and his buddy hooked on foos now as they made a special trip here this evening to come play. I understand now what people are saying about the speed of the table vs others out there. The ball is lightning fast.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
Just replaced my side strips and the inside half of the bearings. Pretty easy. Worth the effort and money.