Foosball.com Forums

Table Purchasing Help/Amateur

Table Purchasing Help/Amateur
« on: May 23, 2016, 02:53:52 PM »
I am looking to pick up a foosball table to supliment my pool table so people aren't just standing around waiting to play. I saw what looks like a decent table but I have no idea listed for $200. They would take $150 but I know nothing about the table/model. They said it is TSA.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7baFOqwwO97QVNraXNLdDgwSlE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7baFOqwwO97ejNJVW5BYVlHNEE

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7baFOqwwO97MFA4Y2EzVURJNzQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7baFOqwwO97bXF0MkI0Rl9OVW8

Just hoping for some advice. I haven't gone to look yet but it was listed as perfect condition.

Re: Table Purchasing Help/Amateur
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »
I wouldn't buy that table. If you are looking for something to keep your guests occupied and want to spend no more than $150-200 I'd think of another form of entertainment. Cheap foosball tables just end up being frustrating. If you can spend more and are definitely interested in a foosball table, I'd keep an eye out for a Tornado, Warrior, or Bonzini. Get one of those and you will start to think of the pool table as something for your guests to do while waiting for the foosball table!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »
I wouldn't buy that table. If you are looking for something to keep your guests occupied and want to spend no more than $150-200 I'd think of another form of entertainment. Cheap foosball tables just end up being frustrating. If you can spend more and are definitely interested in a foosball table, I'd keep an eye out for a Tornado, Warrior, or Bonzini. Get one of those and you will start to think of the pool table as something for your guests to do while waiting for the foosball table!

thanks, I am a fan of both games, although my Olheusen 9' table is my baby ;) I don't want a garbage table for sure, I figured if it was a $400-$600 table and I could grab it for $150 I would give it a shot, but if you think its not a good one I wont make a deal for it.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:27 PM »
Even if you're not that good at Foosball like me. You got to love the action and speed of foosball. By the way I was always better at pool, buying a cheap foosball table is not much of a difference than buying a cheap pool table. If you're on a budget maybe buy a dart board instead, otherwise keep looking .

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:13:14 PM »
Is TSA even a company? I can't find any info about them.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:49:42 PM »
Save your money. Even though foosball table playfeilds aren't made of slate there is a big difference in construction . Its surprising how many people will play on a cheap foosball table but never play on a cheap pool table but maybe that's just me..I'm guessing your pool table has 1" slate and is setup level. Not as much of a concern as you would think until you play with a good player. Then they demand a good table

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 10:03:05 PM »
Save your money. Even though foosball table playfeilds aren't made of slate there is a big difference in construction . Its surprising how many people will play on a cheap foosball table but never play on a cheap pool table but maybe that's just me..I'm guessing your pool table has 1" slate and is setup level. Not as much of a concern as you would think until you play with a good player. Then they demand a good table

I'm probably passing (thanks to all your advice), but I don't think it's because I'd rather spend less on a foosball table but more it's a game I don't know anything about, outside of crappy bars that occasionally have them. Pool on the other hand is a game I played since I was about 10. I don't like dropping $2000 on something I might not like or more importantly might be bad at hahaha. Although all this goes out the window since I fell into a free pool table, I did however re-felt/re-cushion it though with all high end stuff. But a free $5k table was a no brainer! :)

The foosball table is more of a thing to keep my friends busy instead of drinking my beer lol, jk. I want to get into it and I hope some day my twins will enjoy it too (they are only 1.5 though).

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »
Although the table you posted is not worth getting, keep your eye out for a good used Tornado. Ideally a coin-op but a Cyclone 2 or Elite would be a good 2nd choice. With patience (think months, not days) you should be able to find a nice one for ~$600 or less on Craigslist. I just saw a like-new Cyclone 2 on my local Craigslist a couple weeks ago for $300.

While waiting for a good used Tornado to show up, hang a dartboard!

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 05:35:26 PM »
Hey dalcombright... where are you located?  (city/state/country)
If we can connect you with a hard core fooser... chances are they'll have a few leads on GOOD PLAYING used tables versus the 200-300 generic tables that don't aren't that playable!   Cheers!

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »
I am looking to sell a once coin operated Mirco Champion Soccer table. Had to replace 2 of the yellow men and 1 of the red men, with non-original Mirco men. Table plays very well. Bought from a bar in WI in the late 80's early 90's. It is now located in the Albany NY area. PM if interested I can send pictures.