Foosball.com Forums

70's Dynamo coin op glass top table questions and info

70's Dynamo coin op glass top table questions and info
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »
Ok, so here goes....first time poster.  I spent some time combing the older posts but find myself getting more questions.  I just purchased an older coin op glass top Dynamo table.  It's in pretty good shape.  The man I bought it from purchased it in 1978 to the best of his recollection.   I'm trying to get some info and find a few parts as one handle fell off on the journey home and is lost on the side of the road somewhere in Missouri.  The table had been apart at some point and put back together.  I am searching for a handle that is well used if possible to somewhat match the others.  I could use some new rubber bumpers, but I have located a source I think for that.  Mostly, I would love to find out more history of these  tables and see if I can tack mine down to when it was manufactured.   It is a glass top with large rectangular cup holders at each end that have a white plastic grid to allow your beer to sweat and drop through the table.  It is a coin op table and all seems to work well so far.  I can't figure out how to attach a pic or I would. 

Re: 70's Dynamo coin op glass top table questions and info
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »
Hello Cutlasbob71,

You can upload pictures to sites like Flickr, etc. then attach the link here.

Regards..

Mickpick63

Offline tydy

Re: 70's Dynamo coin op glass top table questions and info
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:45:38 AM »
Hi, I learned to love dynamo glass top tables back in late 70s, early 80s. I remember 2 different styles with glass tops, the first would be like this "THE HUSTLER" table with a tip top.

The second type was most likely designed to make the glass easy to replace. It had a shelf for the glass that slid out the end. I purchased one of these used from a skating rink in 1982. Heres a pic of the glass in its shelf out of the table. I made a tie dye for it because my roommate lost the paper play field. I then renamed it tie dynamo.

I moved this table from place to place usually by myself with a 2 wheel cart until 1995 when someone decided to move it without telling me and they broke the glass. I was never able to find a piece of glass for it so I do have a few parts available. I can help with a handle if youre still looking for one.
I found "THE HUSTLER" table a couple years ago and was thrilled to get it. A couple people that came to play had never seen a glass top and were always talking about their friends that had Tornado tables. About a year later I found a brown marble Tornado on craigslist. I have both set up in my house and now give them the choice of tables to play on and choice of sides.
I recently found a Mirco table on craigslist in Omaha and at the same time had been watching an old Tornado glass top. I purchased both of those but could only bring one home at the time. I brought the Tornado home and a friend came to help me unload it. He had told a friend of his he was helping unload a foos table and the person asked, is it a glass top? He possibly wants to buy it so I havent set it up yet. I'll go pick up the Mirco in a couple weeks. I'm lucky enough to have a sister lives in Omaha and had room in her garage to store it.
I can help you with locating other parts, either original or modern made that will work similarly. I can also host and post pics of yours if you'd like. Contact me direct at   tydy at cox.net  Thanx, tydy