Foosball.com Forums

Value for used Bonzini?

Value for used Bonzini?
« on: June 30, 2016, 04:40:59 PM »
Hi all,
I picked up a used Bonzini on Craigslist, which I believe is a B60. It has a coin op hole but no mechanism behind it.
It seems to be in great shape. A few scuffs but nothing bad anywhere, men all still have their paint and the field looks good. The seller's father bought it in the 70's or 80's they thought.

We played a quick game on it last night after we unloaded it and it was really fun! (even though I lost!)

I actually bought this for a client's game room (I am an interior designer) but they haven't yet decided if they want this one vs another table we found. So I wanted to get a rough valuation on it in case they decide on the other table. I love it so much I am almost tempted to keep it, but we plan on moving back to Europe in the next few years so I probably shouldn't  ;)

Can anyone give me an idea how much this is worth? And if we decide to keep it, should we get the levelling feet and have the men's feet shaved? (Can you tell I was reading the thread about that guy who refurbished his?!)

I can't figure out how to upload photos here, but here is an imgur link to a few:
http://imgur.com/a/GXoFn

Thanks all!

Re: Value for used Bonzini?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »
Bonzini is actually the most expensive table you can normally buy here. Also the table itself hasn't really changed in forever so that one looks just like the new ones for the most part. The only bad news is that a lot of people here don't like them, cause they play different from Tornado and people don't give the table a chance. I've only heard of 1 for sale in my neck of the woods in the past 6 years and think it went for $900. There are a few experts here on Bonzini that can give better advise, but new ones are over $2000.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 06:13:39 PM »
Awesome table!! A few thoughts:

1. I think that table is probably no newer than about 1974. If you look at the lower half on the end you will see a serial number. If you post that I can give you an idea of the manufacturing date, but I'm guessing it's >40 years old! I predict a serial number around 23,000.

2. That thing is an amazing condition, given it's age. I think you saw my 1972 table's condition on the other thread. http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=5058.0
Yours is like new by comparison.

3. Big yes to getting feet levelers and shaved feet. Makes the table much easier to set up and play on.

4. Re: point 3, the person you want to talk to is Alan Cribbs at Bonziniusa.com  He has the leveling feet for sale and can grind the player's feet. He's also just a great resource for all things Bonzini. Excellent prices for parts, super fast shipping, great customer service (will order special parts from France, etc.)

I have a Tornado coin-op and a Bonzini B60. Both are great tables but I'd say the Bonzini gets played 80% of the time. It's just a really fun table. How much is it worth? That's a tough one. If the condition is as good as it looks I'd guess between $1,000-$1,500. But I say keep it!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 06:16:38 PM by kgstewar »

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »
After looking at the cabinet side, I believe this is a 72-74 model. The important thing is that they still have the skeleton key that fits the table. Very rare and not produced anymore by the locking mechanism copy in France. Used Bonzini tables are easily resurrected and made playable again. We do a lot of interior design customization to our tables for clients throughout the U.S.

That table was most likely imported by Mr. Richard Porter of Mustang Amusements out of Norfolk, VA in the early 70's. I would love it get it if you do not take it. If you do get it and need upgrades and/or repairs please let me know.

Used Bonzini tables can go anywhere from $1,200.00 up to $2,300.00 depending on condition and age. I have a used B-60 that's 14 years old with upgrades that prices out at $2,100.00 just to give you an idea.

Good luck and Happy Foosing!!!!!

Alan

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 12:58:01 PM »
Thank you all for your replies! So sorry for the delay in my response.
The client decided to keep the other foosball table we found, so the Bonzini is still sitting in my garage. My husband and I have decided to bring it in over the winter along with our air hockey table (also in the garage!) and enjoy it for a while, and then probably sell it in the Spring.
Alan, the previous owner did say their father bought it from a pool table/amusements store. If you're interested in looking at it in the Spring let me know and I will contact you when we are ready to sell her. Here's to a fun winter!

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 06:31:54 PM »
Definitely interested in looking at it. I've got a waiting list for used tables that schools want.

Alan