Foosball.com Forums

New Table Build - Parts - Info Appreciated

Re: New Table Build - Parts - Info Appreciated
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 04:08:23 PM »
The prototype and players will be aluminum, slightly heavier than the 63.8 grams that the Tornado players are.  Trying to make these aluminum players as close to tournament size and weight as possible. However, customer requests are stretching the limits. If they want tournament style play, they're going to have to replace these aluminum players with the standard Tornado T3000 players.  Form over function on the aluminum player design.

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »
Fabman: When you are milling those men, what are the chances you could mill a few more that I could simply buy and display? They look really interesting. If so, how much per man, I could load your PayPal account.

Just thought I'd ask.

-p

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2016, 08:54:08 AM »
I'll see what I can do, may have a few protos left over. Was planning on making a bottle opener out of one for the owner. I'm having these cut by water jet machine, no milling actually.

Do you want a completed player?  Will probably have some type of nut for a head TIG welded or threaded on for the counterbalance.  And some light polishing, nothing shiny.  Anyway, these little buggers are pricey, I'm too scared to even say on line, haha.

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2016, 05:22:26 PM »
I'll take a man with the nut (counter balance) or not. They just look interesting and would be a nice addition. How much are we talking per man? I'd like to get 4 but, price will dictate the number of men.

-p

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2016, 01:00:18 PM »
PM sent

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 04:06:10 PM »
A little progress over the weekend. Got the table mocked up and checked player clearances, etc.

fabricated both score racks;

Got both ball drops cut, welded, filled;

Played around with some chemicals;

Started on the goals, work in progress.

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
I think "jarring" calls will be significantly reduced on this behemoth.....cool project

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2016, 04:32:37 PM »
Thanks!, haha, the top will weigh 160 lbs when done, the bottom frame will weigh about the same, add about 60 lbs for the legs and rods.  Should gross out around 400 lbs. when done.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:36:09 PM by FabMan »

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »
Players often say Tornado tables are built like a tank...  However this one now owns that analogy...

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2016, 05:47:10 PM »
Spent 2 days of my long Holiday weekend trying to configure a properly working goal and ball return. The first goal I fabbed up with the wire mesh actually kicked the ball back out on the table on corner shots. Not deep enough or wide enough.  I had to lengthen the goal and set it back another inch. This is what it is now.  Need to find a clean way to attach the wire mesh next.

I'll eventually shorten the reducer cup and attache an elbow or pipe for the ball return. Not sure if it's going to pass through the end cap and behind the channel and exit the front, or go to the corner and wrap around. Owner's call for later I guess.

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »
Such a cool table!  Can't wait to see the end result.
D.

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »
Took off on a little vacation, got back and worked on mocking up one goal and return.

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2016, 07:29:37 AM »
Coming along nicely! I like the look of the copper. One thought: When copper is in contact with steel, the steel can corrode (galvanic corrosion). This famously happened to the Statue of Liberty when people noticed that the iron frame had rusted out where it was in contact with the copper skin. Maybe the reaction is slow enough that it won't be a concern for your project.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:35:53 AM by kgstewar »

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »
Making some headway. Got the return mocked up for one end. Need to finish the 2nd goal this weekend and get both goals acid dipped and bolted in.

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 10:15:15 AM »
Men are cut;

Upper and lower frames matched up,