Foosball.com Forums

New Table Build - Parts - Info Appreciated

Re: New Table Build - Parts - Info Appreciated
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2017, 08:45:08 AM »
Finally, table vinyl wrapped and ready to ship.

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2017, 04:03:07 AM »
...hopefully, won't need ear plugs!  haha

Ear plugs mandatory with a good mix of heavy metal I suspect! :-)
Great looking table, thanks for sharing the project!

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 10:43:02 AM »
Well, it's finally done. I must thank all of you here in the forum that helped me and inspired me to move forward.
Project is done, delivered to the customer, (now a friend) in Breckenridge CO.
Table went together perfectly and the game play is awesome according to some of the guys that showed up to play it.
Not as loud as you think, about the same as a normal table according to the players. They like the sound of the ball circling the goal cup though, haha.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 10:48:48 AM by FabMan »

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 10:51:45 AM »

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:54 AM »

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2017, 11:15:35 AM »
That is pretty sick! 
D.

Offline eamez

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:08:42 PM by eamez »

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2017, 05:46:07 PM »
 ;D

Actually I knocked off their design a bit. My friend, also customer, liked that particular table. He originally sent me a picture of that same table or one similar.   :-X

He asked me to build him one like it if I could. He liked the wood sides and the custom players.  I told him I don't fabricate anything in wood, only metal and convinced him I could design a table and men similar to that, but I would use tournament rods, bearings, dimensions and specs.  If you look at that wooden sided table, it uses springs on the rods and the goals are actually inside the playing field. 

My original design was to use small, custom cut gears for the score racks, and for the player counterbalance heads and larger gears for the rod bearings.  But, he wanted the "nut" theme.

The only thing non-tournament about the table I built is the weight of the aluminum players. If my customer wants to have a full tournament table, he'd have to remove the aluminum players and replace with the T-3000 plastic ones.

Offline eamez

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »
Oh makes sense  ;)

For a second I thought some furniture company was spying on this forum to steal ideas for foosball tables to sell at a luxury price point!

Both tables are very nice, how does the it play though? 

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24:53 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, when I first received your message I thought what fool would want to duplicate my steel table?  Lot's of work.

When we installed it, the customer invited a few of his friends who play foosball regularly and have their own tables to play on it. We played it for a couple days on and off.  They were impressed and didn't notice any lack of playability compared to the tables they play on. I expected it to play a little slower because of the player weight, but they didn't seem to notice or complain at all.

The customer, and his friends and family play on it regularly and love it, no complaints so far.  Heck of a long way for a warranty call, lol, wait, what warranty?  lol

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »
Thought I posted the final YouTube slideshow, maybe not;

https://youtu.be/uvB51HsdAu4

Offline eamez

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2017, 12:10:56 PM »
I like all the beer consumed!

I would love video of it being played.  No castors on it?  Seems REALLY heavy to move.

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2017, 07:22:18 PM »
That beer can collection was one afternoon. For the overall build, with help, I probably went through 10 cases of beer. Six or seven bottles of bourbon and about 40 cigars, lolol, expensive build!

I have a video or two of it being played somewhere.

No casters, leveling feet on the bottom of the legs.   if they want it moved nearby, takes a few hands and re-level.  If they want to move it up stairs, need to take it apart and split it.

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »
looks awesome and you should totally post the gameplay video!

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2017, 11:29:14 AM »
I'll get some video when I go back for the one year warranty follow up..lol.
I spoke to the owner and he's been playing the crap out of it. Said the rods have really loosened up in the bearing guides since the installation.