Foosball.com Forums

Please help me decide -> Playcraft Milan?

Please help me decide -> Playcraft Milan?
« on: March 17, 2017, 12:07:03 AM »
I like the Playcraft Milan 'look'.  I gotta have that look.  Wife factor, and my own taste.   It's either that or the Garlando G-5000 (the 'wood' looking version)

Playcraft is only about $600 and has all the features which looks like a great deal (counterbalanced, leveling telescopic rods, etc...).  The Garlando is higher end for sure, but over double the price and does not have counterbalanced men.  I will be play a lot of 1v1 so counterbalanced will be good.

Does anybody know about the Playcraft?  I can't find any actual user experiences out there.   It does look very well made.   If things go wrong, are replacement parts pretty standard for these tables in general?   

Thx for any advice!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 12:08:37 AM by rmazeffa1 »

Re: Please help me decide -> Playcraft Milan?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »
If you like the look of the Playcraft, then you should look at the table that it is a copy of: Bonzini. I suspect the Playcraft will not play well (Costco sold a version that looked a lot like the Playcraft a few years ago for $199) and spare parts are probably difficult to find. These are made in China (https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/cheap-telescopic-rods-55-classic-sport_60513383284.html). The Garlando is a good quality table and spare parts are available.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:04:46 PM by kgstewar »

Offline eamez

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:39:18 PM »
I've been searching for a foosball table for a little while now and I'm kind of in the same boat.  The Playcraft Milan LOOKS like a Bonzini knock-off to me. 

Is it worth it just to spring for the Bonzini?  I've never played on a French table but it has everything  I want.  Single man goalie, telescoping table, and awesome design.

Any experience with those other Bonzini knock-offs?

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:44:52 PM »
Yes, the Playcraft Milan is a Bonzini knockoff (or, more generally, a french-style table knockoff). These are cheap tables, and I doubt that they will last long. A real Bonzini will last a lifetime (mine is 45 years old). You will never regret buying the real thing. Where are you located?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:48:45 PM by kgstewar »

Offline eamez

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:05:31 AM »
I live in California . 

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:12:33 AM »
The problem is that Playcraft comes with tornado style men, even tho usually models of this type come with bonzini block shaped legs (it's not actually a big deal, I'd even say it's more fun to play european pin control with american style men). Imo you should just get a cheaper Garlando model, most of them play very similarly.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 01:13:50 AM by freemanfl »