Foosball.com Forums

Garlando 60th Anniversary Table

Garlando 60th Anniversary Table
« on: May 03, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »
Greetings!  I'm considering purchasing a Garlando 60th Anniversary Table and am looking for advice as this is an expensive proposition (about $2k US shipped).

The style of this table matches very well with our mid-century modern home and would be placed in our living room.  This is the main reason I am considering this particular table. It would be used by myself (an amateur with no competitive foosball ambitions) and my family.

I just wanted to get some opinions from educated foosballers as its pretty hard to find legit reviews of tables online.  Also would be interested in other mid-century modern or modern looking options.

Thanks so much!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:24:11 PM by foogazi »

Re: Garlando 60th Anniversary Table
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »
Hello foogazi (great name), 
     You say you're an amateur with no competitive ambitions, but keep in mind before you buy a table that you and your family are going to start developing some real skills at this game. Trust me, it can be quite addictive! So look ahead to when playing characteristics are important to you before you take the plunge. Garlando has springs whereas most modern tables have rubber bumpers. Bumpers are better. Now this is just my opinion, other people might disagree. Also, the side rails are quite wide, but I haven't played on this model so I can't really say how this will affect your passing game. Hopefully someone with experience on this table will comment on that for you.You will learn passing, trust me. It appears to be lightweight,heavier is better. It does look cool and futuristic, but for the price I think it's not such a good deal.

So my advice, for what it's worth, would be to shop around a little bit and see if you can find something that give you the modern look you wand but is sturdy and has good playing characteristics.

Good luck and have fun!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »
If you are anywhere near Colorado, there's one of these for sale in Vail for $800.

https://denver.craigslist.org/spo/6075288620.html

-p

Offline eamez

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:13:13 PM »
If money is no object you might look into these RS Barcelona tables.  I think they have that aesthetic you're looking for:

https://www.wayfair.com/RS-Barcelona-RS3-Wood-Foosball-Table-RSBA1011.html

I'm also curious as to what these foosball aficionados on this forum have to say about this particular brand.  Restoration Hardware also makes a similar table:

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2320164

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 11:44:18 AM »
I gotta say, this Bonzini would do the trick as well.  I think these have a great reputation...

http://blattbilliards.com/gameroom/bonzini_b90r.php

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
Bonzini are great tables. Love that rustic finish. An added benefit is that parts and service are readily available through BonziniUSA.

Offline eamez

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »
My dream table is the bonzini itsf model (metal blue legs with the cross bar) however i will likely end up "settling" for a bonzini home model (eventually)

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
I agree with eamez & kgstewar that the Bonzini is preferable to the Garlando, and yes, they are easy to get parts for. Plus, there are east coast tournaments you can attend if you want to try your new found skills.

I hope you enjoy your new table and become a foosball addict like the rest of us!

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 08:33:51 PM »
Update:  I went with with Bonzini B90 R.  It's god-like.  Thanks for the recommendation!

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 06:13:22 AM »
Cool. In a year or two you might be posting pictures of your tournament wins!

Offline eamez

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
Update:  I went with with Bonzini B90 R.  It's god-like.  Thanks for the recommendation!

Let's see some pictures!

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 01:25:24 AM »
Congrats, really wise choice. Don't be the one paying 2k for Garlando.But perhaps someone would still be interested in the post I made trying to find some 'tables for living room', I've tried to find some nice looking ones, hope it can be usefull, thanks!

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 08:43:12 PM »
foogazi - come back and give us an update :D  How are you liking the table after 9 months?  I'd love to see some pictures! 

I was in a similar position this summer starting to look at a nice Garlando...then fell in love with Bonzini.  Being at double (or triple) my budget, I haven't been able to make it happen yet.  I've been impatiently waiting for a used one to pop up...  Meanwhile, I picked up a used Tornado Coin Op.

So, let me live vicariously through you...I'd love to hear an update!

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 10:40:07 AM »
Bonzini USA-

We are celebrating our 20th year as the exclusive importer and distributor of the Bonzini product line. All Bonzini products we purchase for the US market have the lower right hand ball returns on the B-890. B-90R, and B-90 ITSF models. We requested this modification tot he table design in 1998 to  provide ease in retrieving the ball after scoring for those that like to practice. Otherwise you would have to reach across and over the table to access the ball. It's a great example of Bonzini's commitment to satisfy their customers needs.

We hope to set-up a table relocation via our Facebook page for those that half to part ways with their Bonzini table or have chosen to upgrade to the ITSF model. In the 44 years of playing foosball, I still find this style of foosball the most challenging to play and the most creative. For those that enjoy the "pin-style" of play, will definitely fall in love with this table. Plus the fact that the design has not changed in about 60 years.

www.bonziniusa.com

Join us on Facebook for table information and event updates:

https://www.facebook.com/bonziniusa/

Alan