Foosball.com Forums

Older Garlando Table info? (pic inside)

Offline eamez

Older Garlando Table info? (pic inside)
« on: May 25, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »
I came across an older, what I believe to be, a Garlando table:

Anyone have info on this?  What is the railing covering the ball serve for?

I just picked up an OK-condition Tornado Whirlwind (old version) but I am thinking of swapping it out for this one (I enjoy playing single goalie, telescoping rods will be nice for the space/kids some day, and aesthetics).

Re: Older Garlando Table info? (pic inside)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »
It's Italian but, not Garlando. FAS or FABI I'd say. The rails are so balls stay on/in the table. My guess it that at some point, this table had a glass cover.

my 2¢

-patrick

Offline eamez

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:59 PM »
It's Italian but, not Garlando. FAS or FABI I'd say. The rails are so balls stay on/in the table. My guess it that at some point, this table had a glass cover.

my 2¢

-patrick

Thanks for that info!  What makes you say its FAS or FABI instead of Garlando?  Just the shape of the table?  I can't find much on FABI or FAS tables other than FABI was popular in Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11:06 PM »
Well, it's not Garlando to my knowledge, 99.999999% sure.  The unique design is very similar to vintage FAS/FABI. Cabinet, handles, men, legs, rectangle on surface etc...

Anyway, these things are how I came to my conclusion/hypothesis.

Just a guess though.

-p

Offline eamez

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
Awesome.  I will examine it closer to see if I can find any additional markings.  The playfield is glass and says it in Italian.  It also has this "logo" of what looks like a volleyball on the bearings/bushings.  Its an old coin-op so what you say about the rails keeping in the balls now makes perfect sense along with once having glass on top.

Offline eamez

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 08:43:30 PM »
Well, it's not Garlando to my knowledge, 99.999999% sure.  The unique design is very similar to vintage FAS/FABI. Cabinet, handles, men, legs, rectangle on surface etc...

Anyway, these things are how I came to my conclusion/hypothesis.

Just a guess though.

-p

Alright, I've inspected the table more.  The feet of the men are REALLY block like and their arms look like theyre holding on the the poles rather than getting speared through the chest, very funny.

Offline eamez

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 11:38:45 AM »
Looks like the photo is gone.  But I'll upload them here as well.

I can take more pictures but I don't see really any other markings other than the volleyball/soccer ball logo.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 11:45:56 AM by eamez »

Offline eamez

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »
More photos:

Opened:

Logo:

Foosman close-up:

Tempered Glass:

Offline eamez

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
I found this Roberto Sport that looks very similar except without the extra part for the glass cover:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/CALCIO-BALILLA-ROBERTO-SPORT-VINTAGE-/192186768180?hash=item2cbf395b34:g:VhUAAOSwdzVXtxLN

Perhaps this style was popular among different makers.

FASNA:

http://imgur.com/a/b9E1g

RUFFLER WALKER:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Ruffler-and-Walker-Pub-Table-Football-Table-Coin-Operated-/201938927535

BRIGHOUSE:

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 08:01:02 AM »
UK rods fan here. Your "Garlando" certainly looks to be in the style of the Italian FASNA company. In the UK during the late 50's to late 70's, two companies built tables to put into pubs & clubs using largely FASNA parts - Ruffler & Walker and Brighouse (of which I own one). However, the pitches for these were marked "Specially Manufactured for (Ruffler & Walker or Brighouse Table Football Co)" and the bearing plates for the rods were usually pentagonal in shape and creamy white in colour. I think a FASNA is most likely.