Foosball.com Forums

help me decide -brown or grey marble

help me decide -brown or grey marble
« on: May 27, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »
I have the option of buying a brown marble, or a grey marble - coin ops

both look nice. both owned by cats that took care, upgraded a little. both want $600 firm!

I know the brown is a sturdy favorite.  but the Grey being newer ( and a little closer drive)

is there a reason to choose one over the other - assuming they were in the same condition?

Re: help me decide -brown or grey marble
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
and is $600 too much for these older tables (used t3000's are popping up for $1000)

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 07:13:54 PM »
Grey marble all the way. You might get lucky it could have merkel rods   :o I've owned both and the only reason I would say the Grey is it's newer and has better resale value. The brown plays a hair faster IMO but quality is there on both models. $600 isn't horrible for a Grey in really nice shape.

Snake

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 07:45:58 PM »
thanks snake.

the grey just sold for $550 (the guy was nice enough to let me know)  I woulda jumped on it but about a 4.5 hour drive away - gas, 9 hour round trip etc..)

so that leaves me the brown.  a few rods have been replaced, table looks nice in the pics.

dude will hold it for me til I vacation near him in a month, and Ill grab it.

but hes stern on the $600.  (seems a little high)

whatcha think about it?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 10:13:44 PM »
Yes I agree seems high for a brown marble,, post a pic or link on it I'd like to take a look. If it's had a load of new upgrades like new handles, side strips, men, and the new bushings that would be a different story. I paid $400 for mine but I live in the midwest where everything is less expensive. Seriously that table would have to be cherry for $600. My opinion only.

Snake

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 07:38:36 AM »
Hey bb,
I tried to respond to your email but just got a message tellimg me it would not get to you. So, below is how i responded. It looks like you got the same recommendation by the crew on the forum.

BB,

Grey for sure if you know it's clean none of the grey quirks. Its 20-30 years newer than Brown. No brown i have ever seen is worth $600 in my opinion...i wouldn't paymore than $400 and that is top dollar. Remember that a Brown is at least 23-25 years old and as much as 35. Although they are built to last, time and neglect will wear on a table.
$600 for a Grey is a steal IMO assuming its in good shape....grab it and run! Well try to negociate just don't tell them you are happy with 600...stsrt at $450-$475 and go from there.

Good luck. Your cost for my help is to tell me how it went.

Cheers,
Bbtuna, bbt, Charles