Foosball.com Forums

How to replace player on rod

How to replace player on rod
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »
Hi, did you ever tried to replace the player on these types of rods?
https://www.garlando-shop.com/Soccer-table/Spareparts---Accessories/Playerrods-with-figures/

I see no pin, hole or a nut, which could fix the player to the rod, so I wonder how to proceed.

Re: How to replace player on rod
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 03:39:40 PM »
You have to replace the entire rod. Those men are molded to it.

-p

Offline eamez

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »
I've been researching this quite a bit.  The players are molded to that rod since they are telescoping (an inner rod that slides inside).  if there was a pin, you wouldnt be able to slide the inner rod through.

Bonzini and Rene Pierre have men that are clamped around the outer rod so I guess theoretically, if the rods are the same diameter, you could somehow remove the plastic molded man and replace with a bonzini or rene pierre man.  or replace the whole rod.

if you live in the US let me know where you find telescoping rod sets cause that is really difficult.

all that being said i have an unidentified italian table and bought a replacement rene pierre rod to see if it will work.  ill update this thread with my findings.

Offline eamez

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 07:22:53 PM »
The telescoping rod on an italian table is bigger than the rene pierre (which is 14mm) so the bonzini/rene pierre man will not work on the italian rod as a direct swap.

Offline eamez

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 01:33:51 PM »
There are some similarities but they are vastly too different to be an easy swap.  I think i could open up the RP men to accommodate the wider Italian rod.  Or i could swap out the whole assembly and place the RP assembly.  The only thing is that on the inner rod, the RP goes through the cabinet where as my italian table (like bonzini) it does not.  The RP inner rod is also much thinner than the Italian rod. 

So for now, I have a spare RP 5 man that I might turn into a coat rack.

The spacing between the men and height of the men's feet from the table is pretty similar so you could potentially make a Frankentable with some effort.