Foosball.com Forums

Help! Is this a good table?

Help! Is this a good table?
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:27:25 AM »
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/tag/6191163138.html

Is this a good table and a good deal? Not sure of it is so old it has one goalie or if someone applied a conversion kit.

Re: Help! Is this a good table?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »
Where are the score keeping sliders? I would ask the owner about the goalie conversion. Looks like a good body.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 08:42:37 PM »
If the playing field is not warped and the rods are in good shape you can easily have 400 dollars worth of fun on that table but you will need to order some score keepers if the owner doesn't have them.

This table was made with corner ramps originally. All tables were made with a single goalie in the past and most still are in Europe because europeans understand that soccer teams have only one goalie. A really good benefit of having the corner ramps is while practicing alone the ball automatically returns to your 3 rod and does not end up in the corner and in some cases when you order a set of new men you will end up with 4 extra men as spares .

Whether you argue for or against a single golie this is still a great solid table and easily has much more than 400 dollars of fun left in it for a family or a casual player, just my opinion.

Choose to foos !!

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
Just so you know, this will play nothing like a newer generation Tornado. If you plan on attending any tourneys or advancing your game to tour play I would look for an old brown marble coin-op for roughly the same price. That's a really cool piece of foos history but sourcing replacement parts could be challenging. Your $$ though so do what makes you happy  ;D

Snake

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:03:34 AM »
Thanks guys! I think I might hold out for a newer model.