Foosball.com Forums

Struggling to get new players on new rods:

Struggling to get new players on new rods:
« on: July 08, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »
Hi I have the commercial grade rods for a t2000 Tornado table. I ordered new men from the 10 man upgrade kit and for some reason the new players are extremely difficult to slide onto the bar. I tried one of the older players and they slide on just fine. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Struggling to get new players on new rods:
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
Just shooting from the hip here. I assume you got the right stuff, Maybe just slightly sand the hole. Did you try using some kind of lube.  Are they held in place by a allen screw or some kind of bolt? If they are, either method should be fine...just do the sanding in baby steps. Do they have a tech support number?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:51:17 AM by stinkfoos »

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »
Just shooting from the hip here. I assume you got the right stuff, Maybe just slightly sand the hole. Did you try using some kind of lube.  Are they held in place by a allen screw or some kind of bolt? If they are, either method should be fine...just do the sanding in baby steps. Do they have a tech support number?

I have the correct equipment as its all Tornado.  I applied some wd-40 and it was still really hard to get the players on the rods. When held side by side with the old players they apparently to be the same size hole. Tornado foos players are held in by a pin that you bang in with a hammer after you line the players up with the hole but I can barely get the new players on the rod.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 10:15:45 PM »
The new men are made of nylon, never ever use wd-40 on any part of that table it's horrible on all of the components. Order some rod lube (from this website) and they will go on. They do fit tighter but last alot longer than the old style men. Are you putting on a Tornado table or??

Snake

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »
new figures are tighter for some reasons... use lots of lube and wiggle lots after the initial hammer on... due to chome vs matte rod finish you  may need to bore but be sure and go slow and make good choices... mine were tight but went on perfect with effort and lots of lube on new matte rods ....

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 10:51:16 PM »
gentle rubber hammer... lots of lube was my solution...

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »
I got it! Thank you for all of the replies. It wasnt easy but a lot of lube and plenty of twisting made it all worth it lol! Just amazing how they look the same size as the old ones but are so much harder to get onto the new rods.