Foosball.com Forums

Making concrete tables - soliciting opinions on best quality parts

Making concrete tables - soliciting opinions on best quality parts
« on: September 28, 2017, 12:55:49 AM »
I am in the process of making a concrete foosball table in precast concrete.The tables are are for public parks and I want to make the best table we can as opposed to the one with the highest profit margin. We'll possibly have to forgo some quality in play for durability, and I am willing to custom make some parts, but I am hoping to get some input on the best (most durable) men, bearings and bumpers on the market. (rods should be simple enough - if we can't buy them off the shelf, we can have them cut to size)
The cities I am working for will be placing these tables in high traffic areas - and in my experience, I do not see a lot of maintenance being performed regularly.
Any and all input would be really welcome.

Re: Making concrete tables - soliciting opinions on best quality parts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 03:30:16 PM »
Are you making a coin operated, concrete, foosball table?   The balls will probably disappear.  But I like the idea.   Are you going to use a normal playing surface?   Bearings might be key to how well the tables survives weather.  Tornado has plastic bearings that would be rust free and fairly weather resistant.  You will need to make the tables very level for the best play or make the table level adjustable somehow.   

Re: Making concrete tables - soliciting opinions on best quality parts
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 07:05:28 AM »
We were looking at an idea years ago to design a foosball table out of composite wood and PVC piping to be used at playgrounds and public parks. The figurines would resemble a player shaped paddle and instead of handles, it would have like a small round steering wheel. Telescopic rod assembly using 2 different diameter PVC piping. Project never really got going but still on the back burner.
Alan