Foosball.com Forums

How i upgraded my Garlando outdoor table rods!

How i upgraded my Garlando outdoor table rods!
« on: October 16, 2017, 07:54:56 PM »
So I always loved foos back in college and after playing a few games at a party, I quickly realized that I needed my own table.   

I needed/wanted an outdoor table and went with the Garlando G2000, basically one of the sweetest you can get. (there are even higher end ones that are 'sealed', but I don't need to go that far!)

Wonderful table itself, but the men suck bawls.  Not counterbalanced, not tornado/warrior type, etc..   And they are molded onto the bars, so the bars are a total throwaway. Therefore, I went ahead and bought:

- Brybelly  5/8ths solid rods (they seem pretty good, and they are straight!)  And much cheaper than a $300 set of Sheltis  (My table is 16mm=5/8ths bearings.  Since I need 5/8ths rods, I can't use Warrior or Tornado), etc...
- Warrior 5/8ths men and spirol pins.    The pins are a very good fit through the rods.  Yes!!!!
- Shelti goalie conversion kit (need this because I need to put the 'anchors' in on either side of the single goalie)
- 8 more of the Garlando bearing kits (the Garlando has telescopic bars, so it only has bearings on on side. With the 'full' bars, I needed bearings on both sides.
- shelti 5/8ths bumpers
- shelti 5/8th handles and matching shelti spirol pins for them (again these go through the handles and rods just right, with no 'slop') The handles are a very firm rubber, instead of crappy plastic. Very niiiiiice.  I liiiiiike.   U, S and A.    As Borat would say.   Hah...... 

Just waiting for the bearings to arrive from Europe, can't wait!!!    Already been practicing and have been destroying my 14 y.o. son (hah) with all the pull shots and goalie shots that are coming back!!!   He can't believe how technical the game can be and now constantly asks 'Dad, let's foos'   

Question:  going from hollow-telescopic rods (which are SUPER light since they are just half a hollow rod) to solid full rods, I'm sure I'm in for a 'wrist' surprise.   Any thoughts on how rough this switch will be? I assume new players will especially struggle, but I'm gonna mostly play with my poker-night crew who all love foos.  (and they are all like 6'2" athletes)    Plus I have good wrist action... ya know....  Bah-hahhhh....

Rob
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:02:25 PM by rmazeffa1 »