Foosball.com Forums

New to site, Screwed

New to site, Screwed
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »
Hello Everyone, Name is Matt Simpson from Wichita Ks. I recently bought a Tornado Table which I will get to in a moment.
I like playing Foosball and am excited to improve.

I tried to do research before buying a table but I was an idiot. I think I payed to much for the brown marble coin operated Tornado table. Seller owned a coin/vending business, I payed $450 and then charged me tax so 480 something. Playing field looked good, bars were dry, and some looked worn. Outside firmica is chipped and cracked in some spots. After I got it home Ive found some of the bars to warped. So now I figuring that this thing is prob all original and never taken care off. Inside looks ok, trim on sides of playing surface need replaced.     

My question is it worth trying to fix this table up or sell it for a few hundred or so and buy a Storm 2 for $500 that looks to be in brand new shape. I know new rods is $300+, bearings etc........ I got excited and screwed up.

Any help much appreciated!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:02:24 PM by Slacquer6@live.com »

Offline Pat

Re: New to site, Screwed
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:38:01 AM »
Metal doesn't warp at normal temperatures or because of water.  The bars were most likely bent from playing or transport.

If the 5 and goalie rods are bent a bit it won't affect play.  It's very important to have a straight 3 rod.  A slightly bent 2 rod won't make a big difference in the play quality, in fact many 2 rods are slightly bent due to the high amount of torque that's possible due to their length.  However, if the 2 rod is extremely bent, it's worth replacing.

I would also get new bearings for the 3 rod.

The most important things are a non-warped playing field and goals that are not blown out.  If these are ok then I would recommend keeping the table.  I've seen brown marbles that are played constantly last for 20 years.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 03:00:40 AM »
Here is a video on straightening rods.  It is kind of a hack but basically the rods can be re aligned if you find the bend and bend it the other way.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpYAAlP85EQ

I agree with Pat.  If the playing field is not warped or the goals chewed away at the sides the table will probably be great. 

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 09:56:36 AM »
Thanks for the advice! I will check into these suggestions.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 12:32:35 PM »
Charles Macintosh is a good source for parts. Price seems ok. Not great, not bad.
Replace what you need: bars, bearings, side strips (new ones are clear).
Buy new balls. As long as the surface is flat you’ll be ok.
Skip the Storm. Especially if you’re gonna want to get good - meaning tournament level. No ones gonna want to come over and play on a home model. Fix up your pro table.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »
Screw the Storm it's a low quality Tornado. Keep your eye on ebay for replacement parts for your brown marble. Good table and worth putting a little coin into.

Snake