Foosball.com Forums

Tornado T3000 goal frame chipping

Offline FOOZUL

Tornado T3000 goal frame chipping
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:50:45 PM »
Is it me or others are experiencing too. I have a Tornado T3000 and I just noticed the MDF goal frame cutout started to chip specially on the inner section facing the goal box deflector. If Tornado claims they're all about detail and quality why they don't do anything about this problem. Quality tables like Lionhart and Ullrich have plastic goal frames/sleeves, why Valley Dynamo doesn't try that? What can I apply to the goal cutout to protect and prevent it from chipping?

Re: Tornado T3000 goal frame chipping
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 01:05:49 PM »
At Home Depot or Lowe's you can find clear wall corner protectors.  (The kind of thing you would buy if your kid insists on riding a Big Wheel inside the house.) It could adhere with clear double-sided tape that won't mar the surface of the box. 

If you want to get fancy you could miter the corners for a better look. (For tables with a square goal box.  The T3000 is rounded)

Probably not a tournament-legal fix but works at home.

Offline FOOZUL

Re: Tornado T3000 goal frame chipping
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »
Thanks for the great tip!! I'm leaning more towards applying a black finish on the goal frame walls, it'll be the same as the black finish on the ball retrieval frame. Putting any frames in the goals would disqualify it from being at tournament table. I do have tournament players come and play on it every week.