Foosball.com Forums

Added sound to my Tornado Foosball

Added sound to my Tornado Foosball
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:29:01 PM »
First post here, so be gentle, lol.  I finally finished the beta of my foosball sound system.  Obviously just a demo and not a finished product or anything, I was just trying to see if it was possible to add electronics to my Tornado Foosball.  I put up the video here:

https://youtu.be/lXB7HV_Ws3w

Not sure if that will automatically embed or not (EDIT: it doesn't, or at least I can't figure out how to do it).  There are more details on my website but I haven't written up a 'how-to' yet, going to work on that.  It kind of makes the game similar to a Chexx bubble hockey, whether that's a good thing or not is up to your preferences.  :)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:30:11 PM by gameroominfo »

Re: Added sound to my Tornado Foosball
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 02:09:45 PM »
Very cool!

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 06:56:15 PM »
I was going to edit my original post but evidently it's been too long.  I wrote out the list of parts here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/10/31/foosball-table-electronic-sound-system/

If anyone has any questions feel free to message me.  I'm thinking about a 2.0 version that's a lot better, this was a good proof of concept.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 07:25:54 PM »
I'm going to be working on something similar. Any tips on sensing the ball going through the goal? I was thinking and ultrasonic  sensor and an arduino.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 01:35:17 PM »
I'm going to be working on something similar. Any tips on sensing the ball going through the goal? I was thinking and ultrasonic  sensor and an arduino.

The one I did was just a motion sensor that I put facing the ball drop (I have a Cyclone II so the balls return to the middle).  It would be slightly harder if you had the end goals only because you have to make sure your hand doesn't set off the sensor. 

The stuff I did worked 'ok' but there was definitely some flakiness with using two sensors instead of one.  I think that possibly there wasn't enough power to drive everything.

Overall, I would want:

Something more stable in regards to sensors
Something with better sound quality
something that allows for more clips

However, without doing this initial thing, I probably wouldn't be prepared for step two.