Foosball.com Forums

Brown Marble Question

Brown Marble Question
« on: November 11, 2017, 11:34:25 PM »
Hello world of foosball expertise!
I have a Brown Marble coin-op, with black plastic feet, wood scoring, maybe late 80s from what I've read on here (Which is a lot, in just 2 days) made in Fort Worth, serial #26xxxx. It was a bar table in a small river town in Tennessee. In 2002 the bar closed, and table sat in a garage until 2014, when it was sold to another bar. They upgraded it, with the new rods, thinner bearings, men with cross hatching further up the toe than the originals, and new handles.
Anyway, that bar just closed, and we've purchased it for our new bar (all in the same little River community). The table is in remarkable shape considering, but the rods all felt gritty and slow (and they had the goalie and 3 man rods switched.) I have dissemsebled, soaked, and cleaned the bearings and men with alcohol, cleaned table inside and out (playing feild and trim are great) and cleaned the rods. The bearing halves, just three years old, all have scuffing on the inside (virtually all the nuts were loose enough to easily turn with a finger and thumb when I got it).
I'm wondering if I should use 2000 grit sandpaper and a AA battery, like I read in a thread, to smooth out all the halves before reassembly, or just hope that the rods will slide better because I cleaned the quarter inch of gunk from the bearings and rods. Also, I never did find the specific weight of Tornado silicone in the forum, do you know? In
I am soooo excited to get this table up and running again!

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Brown Marble Question
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:59:05 AM »
Clean it the bearings and rods with rubbing alcohol. Check the rods for any sort of pitting or flaking that could effect the smoothness. If that isn't the issue, mess with the cabinet and adjust the height on the legs. Sometimes the cabinet can be twisted which makes the bearings not line up. The rods drag as a result. If that doesn't do it, you could try what you mentioned, or even just replace the bearings altogether.

Offline crazy8

Re: Brown Marble Question
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »
“Small river town in TN”
Ocoee?  If so - I think I’ve played on that one.