Foosball.com Forums

Snap-in bearings

Snap-in bearings
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
Hey guys - new to the forum but grew up playing on my dad's dynamo table.

I've recently bought a used Tornado storm 2 table and was looking to replace some of the bearings. Little did I know that I'm not able to put the two-piece bearings on my table (rookie mistake.. I know  :-[).

Since it took me forever to actually get the snap-in bearing out, and I broke one of the teeth during removal, do any of you have any tips on how to remove a snap-in bearing?? I looked through some of the archives on this forum a bit and on youtube but am coming up empty handed.

I have found where to purchase new snap-ins though, so I have a few on the way!

Thanks!
Phil

Re: Snap-in bearings
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:03:06 PM »
Hey Phil, this doesn't answer your question, but have you considered making a jig and drilling the holes out to allow split bearings? I don't believe it would be too difficult. You would need to drill from both sides to avoid chipping the laminate.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 12:07:50 PM »
Hey Mike - I thought about it but I was super worried about chipping the laminate and/or completely cracking the top part above the hole.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 02:16:16 PM »
Use a socket that's slightly larger than the bearing. When you push the socket against the perforated edge the bearing will collapse and recede into the hole and then you just push it out

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 04:51:18 PM »
Genius! Thanks Brad - I'll give it a shot!