Foosball.com Forums

Rod bearings - any idea what they are?

Rod bearings - any idea what they are?
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »
Hi - I just picked up a used table but the previous owner didn't have a manual and there is absolutely no manufacturer markings on the table.  I need some replacement rod bearings but have no idea what type of bearings the ones on the table are. 

The table itself looks like a Barrington / MD Sports but it is slightly different and according to MD they said it's not one of theirs. (Not sure about that though..)  The table is 56 x 29-1/2, playing surface about 26-3/4 x 46-3/4.  Sidewall thickness is 1-5/16". 

The rod bushings are marked with US Pat. 5,330,273 on the inside, are 2" OD, and appear to be in a 1-3/8" dia hole.  They are about 6 pieces when fully disassembled - 2 outer chrome plated plastic pieces, a gasket of some sort, an inner and outer bearing holder, and a flat chrome plastic washer to hold it all in.  All fastened from the outside by 3 screws.  They're snap together (I think) but I don't want to take them out without having replacement ones handy.

My web search using pretty much everything including the patent info has turned up empty.  Anyone have any clue what the table is, or what the bearings are?  And where I can get replacement bushings that fit that size?  (They don't have to be the same, just something that fits.)  Pix are below.
Thanks, all!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:42:15 PM by eaglebarcar »

Re: Rod bearings - any idea what they are?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »
This isn't a table that most people will be able to help you with... it looks like a generic table from a run-of-the-mill el cheapo manufacturer like Sportscraft, Halex, or Harvard... For instance here is an ebay listing with something strikingly similar, but probably different.

I'd suggest picking up similar looking bearings and seeing if they fit.

Also, your handles appear to be on the wrong side.

Re: Rod bearings - any idea what they are?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:48:17 AM »
Thanks, I figured as much.  I'll have to pop out the bearings and go from there.  And yes, the first thing my kids noticed is that the handles were on the wrong side.  I wonder how the previous owner actually played the thing.  I was waiting to do a bearing replacement before changing everything out.

There are a lot of MD/Barrington etc tables that look really similar too, but they claim "not theirs..." Probably too much effort to go into their archives to look up one of the variations they made over the years.