Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Storm 2 "tuning up"

Tornado Storm 2 "tuning up"
« on: January 31, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
So I recently bought a tornado storm 2 for a great price.  I am trying it out, and the play seems a little "rough".  Is there a way if I can tell if it nees new bearings or new rods?   The players. field, and cabinet are in great shape. The rods seem like thick-walled hollow steel.  Is there any way i can "repolish" the rods (super high grit snading or steel wool), and maybe replace the bearings to make it feel really slick like new?   Or do I need to replace the rods and bearings altogether to make it fell new?  If I need to replace the rods, anyone hae a good source for good quality parts 9and bearings for that matter)?   

Lastly, presumably I need to stick with the old-style snap-in bearing as opposed to the new split bearings?

Re: Tornado Storm 2 "tuning up"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
btw the rods seem straight, adn if they are steel (not chrome plated), then it would be a shame if they could be polished back to their original glory!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
The rods are(or were)  chrome plated. You can replace them with the heavier "coin op" rods for ~45 each. I don't think you can even get the lighter rods it shipped with.
If I were you  clean them up as best you can(steel wool is probably good option) and use as is with good amount of "foos lube" after also cleaning bearings. You would need to remove rods to clean bearings with a little mild soap and water. *I see someone already posted the best was to remove bearings out of hole.* You would need to remove all the pins holding men to get rods out as I would stay away from removing wood handles unless you have to.
This site sells everything you would need:
Punch/men/pins/bearings/foos lube/rods

!!!stick with the foos lube rather than trying to use something from local hardware store!!!

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:54 AM »
Snap in and split bearings are not interchangeable. You are stuck with what you have there. Just make sure the table is level (no twist in the cabinet itself) and there is plenty of lube. Thats about all you can do.