Author Topic: Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?  (Read 111 times)

Offline theskywhale

Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »
I want a table that will withstand 4 adult men playing on that won't break the bank.

Found this on OfferUp: https://offerup.co/lLdq/gttPOxM4vK

Looking around it seems like these are pretty durable, but how much restoration would one of these need?

Offline crazy8

Re: Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:01 AM »
Ok - Iíll reply.  If you just want to have fun playing Foos then buy it. For a long time it was the standard - until Tornado changed the game. If you plan to begin playing local tournaments then look for a Tornado. Otherwise it doesnít matter. Itíll be much better than a new department store table.

Offline jdlivestrong

Re: Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
I was in a similar situation - I bought a cheaper table on craigslist and was super disappointed when I got it home.  So I ended up buying a used Tornado T2000 and it is SO much more fun.  Food for thought...At $320, you're pretty close to being able to getting a nice, used Tornado table!

If you do end up buying that quarter mil table, know that those guys might be old/brittle and could break pretty quickly if "4 adult men" are playing it :D  The cheaper table (similar style 80's tournament table) I bought broke 2 men in the first couple games I played on it with "4 adult men".

Foosball is so much more fun than I thought it was going to be - I still want to get a Bonzini table...but instead of replacing my Tornado, it may accompany it :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:13:28 AM by jdlivestrong »