Foosball.com Forums

Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?

Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »
I want a table that will withstand 4 adult men playing on that won't break the bank.

Found this on OfferUp: https://offerup.co/lLdq/gttPOxM4vK

Looking around it seems like these are pretty durable, but how much restoration would one of these need?

Offline crazy8

Re: Should I buy this quarter million dollar green top?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:01 AM »
Ok - I’ll reply.  If you just want to have fun playing Foos then buy it. For a long time it was the standard - until Tornado changed the game. If you plan to begin playing local tournaments then look for a Tornado. Otherwise it doesn’t matter. It’ll be much better than a new department store table.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 08:12:00 AM »
I was in a similar situation - I bought a cheaper table on craigslist and was super disappointed when I got it home.  So I ended up buying a used Tornado T2000 and it is SO much more fun.  Food for thought...At $320, you're pretty close to being able to getting a nice, used Tornado table!

If you do end up buying that quarter mil table, know that those guys might be old/brittle and could break pretty quickly if "4 adult men" are playing it :D  The cheaper table (similar style 80's tournament table) I bought broke 2 men in the first couple games I played on it with "4 adult men".

Foosball is so much more fun than I thought it was going to be - I still want to get a Bonzini table...but instead of replacing my Tornado, it may accompany it :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:13:28 AM by jdlivestrong »

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 11:32:26 PM »
I would buy it I looked at that table a couple days ago, on craigslist, while looking for some men for my Mirco. In my area back in the day we played on Mircos, they were in the arcades in my city at the time, actually 3 arcades all had Mircos and another had a tornado or dynamo. I like the one man in the back and the banked corners. We played no slop- which to us meant no bank shots, no spinning the bars, clean shots only if you shot it and it hit one of the goalies but still went in it did not count. I got a lil off track here, but I guess to me having a one man goalie is Foosball, so I would buy it as it looked like a nice durable table and i think it will hold up fine. If money isnt to tight for you and you enjoy Foosball buy a Tornado also. I am gonna purchase a Tornado also just not sure if I am gonna go three man goalie or a one man goalie which Tornado makes. I will prolly get a three man cause I would like to hit some competitions, but I am a one man goalie guy at heart.