Foosball.com Forums

Newbie - which should I buy?

Newbie - which should I buy?
« on: February 20, 2018, 07:04:59 PM »
love to play foos - finally have some room in a basement.  Curious to hear which of these tables looks like a better one to buy?  Significant difference?

https://austin.craigslist.org/tag/d/dynamo-foosball-table-arcade/6500066690.html

https://austin.craigslist.org/tag/d/foosball-table/6494288741.html

Thank you!!

Offline crazy8

Re: Newbie - which should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:03:11 AM »
The Dynamo is old. That means you won’t be able to use skill developed on it to play in your local tournaments. There are some in your area - and playing in them will be the best way to learn good techniques. The other is the brand used in tournaments but I don’t recognize the model. Find out. If a Storm or Storm II not so good. It’s the home model. They do make a better home model but I don’t remember the name. Look at tornadofoosball.com for the current ones. They’re a bit pricey, talk to Charles McIntosh at that same sight. He can help identify the model you are looking at and help with any necessary part or maintenance.  Check that the surface is completely flat - no waves, etc. Rods should be straight and not pitted. That can be replaced. Balls should be pink. PM me is you want.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »
Thank you - much appreciated!

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
Crazy8 is talking about the Cyclone model, they are ok but not a coin-op.

My 2 cents,

Snake

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 07:22:16 PM »
Thanks - going to try and buy the Tornado this weekend.  Other one sold in any case.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
That is not the storm or storm  II ....the twister i think. Thinner  sidewall and lighter.