Foosball.com Forums

Foosball Injury

Foosball Injury
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »
Hi All

I have sustained quite a cut to the palm of my hand and this has seriously hindered my playing abilities. We have a work league and im plummeting to the bottom. Anyone have any ideas of physio and new playing techniques

Thanks

Re: Foosball Injury
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 04:10:18 PM »
Hi All

I have sustained quite a cut to the palm of my hand and this has seriously hindered my playing abilities. We have a work league and im plummeting to the bottom. Anyone have any ideas of physio and new playing techniques

Thanks

Take some time off and read a book...

https://www.amazon.com/Inner-Game-Tennis-Classic-Performance-ebook/dp/B003T0G9E4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519420179&sr=8-1&keywords=inner+game+of+tennis

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
Sometimes, if you have an injury to your hand, you can use an open handed or fan technique.  This technique is where you grip the handle in your fingers and roll the bar along your hand to hit the ball.  It is not as strenuous as gripping the handle but it is less accurate.  This technique goes well with front and back pins and with pull kicks.   Try to learn to pin the ball.  This style uses less force to move the ball, the ball is rolled to position, and you can fan the bar to shoot.  Maybe learn to shoot a roll over.  The roll over is shot with the wrist against the handle instead of the palm.

Start working on your off hand.  You can actually win games with 5 bar shots.  And it is never a bad time to perfect your passing game.   There are three very nice 5 bar shots that can be made fairly easily, from the middle plastic player to the far side of the goal,  from the second plastic player to the near side of the goal, and an angle shot from the first plastic player on the 5 bar.

In the back maybe learn to shoot banks.  Pick a bank that uses the limit of the offenses range, so that the bank will not be easily blocked.  Pick a bank that has a tight entry into the goal so that the goalie will not be able to block the shot easily.  Learn to bank to both sides and learn to shoot a straight in shot, gut shot.  This way you can find an opening even when the defense anticipates a bank.

Defense is going to be a challenge so maybe try to learn a zone defense.  You can defend with a light touch on the handle. 

Make sure you give you self a chance to heal, don't keep aggravating your wound.  An injury can be an opportunity to step up your game.  Find out what you can do without your injured palm.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »
Many a golf or batting glove?