Foosball.com Forums

brown marble coin op newbie questions

brown marble coin op newbie questions
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »
Hi, new here , brown marble coin op owner dumb questions maybe, i'm casual player i got this after not liking our cheap table in short order.

how do you know when it's time to replace bearings vs remove rods and clean them? my rods don't feel loose (as in worn down bearings) but right are a bit stiff even after some lube. i'm sure this table needs them at least cleaned. I was going to replace them but got to thinking maybe a good cleaning would work? or should i just order a set.

i was looking at bearings and i see original style and thin wall, do both work on this table? do thin walls require any modifications or are they just fit right in and play? i gotta read up on the
thin walls as i'm unfamiliar with them, i just saw them when i went looking for bearings last night and not really sure what the play difference is.

Thanks for any advice!

Re: brown marble coin op newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:15:00 PM »
ahh ignore this. I had never tried to remove these, split bushings now i know. easy to clean and replace cracked ones. thx

Offline crazy8

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:02:26 AM »
The thin bearings are for when you replace the white side strips with the clear side strips. The clear strips increase your ability to make bank shots.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 02:23:18 PM »
it was old age talking, young guys let this be a lesson to you, it's what happens when you have kids.

I had forgotten a year ago when i got it i had removed the bearings to clean them and side walls and inspected and noticed a bit of  scuffing pretty good and a few cracked.
Course i only remembered that after i removed them all today to check them =/

I can probably smooth them out but for time saving i think i'll order a new set, tops and bottoms are about the same condition on all.

Ok so the thin wall means that, thinner on the bumper side, that makes sense. thanks!