Foosball.com Forums

newbie- purchased a used tournament table and have questions

newbie- purchased a used tournament table and have questions
« on: March 27, 2018, 08:39:28 AM »
Hello,
Thanks for the assistance in advance.

I just purchased a used coin op Tornado table (I believe its a T2000). Sides are reddish mahogany laminate. The coin op mechanism has been removed.

I got it home and checked it over. There are a few items that need some maintenance. As we were getting it into the house, one of the corners on the lower table caught and tore a huge piece of the laminate off. I have proceeded to remove all the laminate from the lower piece, under the hinge, all the way around. I plan on using some black formica laminate instead, which I have purchased. I also plugged the coin op hole with a piece of maple.  I will post some pics tonight. So here are my questions:

1) Since the coin-op guts were removed, I now have to reach way inside the table to get the balls out. Is there a better way to shunt the ball return closer to the opening so I don't have to reach inside so far?

2) The white side pieces along the playing field are coming off. I removed them and cleaned them up real nice. What is the best way to re-attach? It had some sort of tape underneath. What do I use in its place?

3) a couple of the outer bearings are cracked, which I will replace. any other maintenance things I should perform or do while I have everything apart?

4) are there any other general suggestions while I am rebuilding this thing?

5) finally, is there a source out there for Tornado emblems or logos? I see the standard silver logo from the tournament table is back-ordered, and they also cost $20. Is there another source for logos or emblems that people have used?

Thanks for the assistance.

Offline crazy8

Re: newbie- purchased a used tournament table and have questions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »
Do not re-attach the white strips. Get the new clear strips. This and other parts can be obtained from Charles MacIntosh at tornadofoosball.com.
Congrats of the table - it’ll serve you well.  I forgot how to bypass the coin-op. There may not be a way but it can be replaced.
Only clean rods and surface with 90% alcohol. Only use goose-lube for rods - nothing else.
See above for source.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: newbie- purchased a used tournament table and have questions
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 04:08:37 PM »
1. Don't modify the internals. You will kill resale. If you ever play at my house, another players house, or on the pro tour, you will have to reach in that far to get the balls so that's not a huge issue IMO. I keep a tupperware container by the table with about 15 balls in it so I just reach in when I run out.

2. Replace the sidestrips with clear ones. The clear ones allow for bankshots and keep the ball from jumping up as much during regular play. One of the best upgrades Tornado has made.

3. Replace cracked bearings. If the table is fully broken down, put all the bearings in simple green for a few hours and clean them.

4. Not really, just replace everything that needs replaced and clean the crap out of it.

5. Tornadofoosball.com