Foosball.com Forums

T3000 Home vs T3000 Coin Op

T3000 Home vs T3000 Coin Op
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
I searched but couldnt find a good answer to this question other than re-sale value, but is there any reason to buy a T3000 Coin Op over a T3000 Home model? I think the only difference is the coin-op mechanism, but wanted to be sure theres nothing else. Price wise looks like Charles M charges a bit more for the used coin-op, but I'd be buying for home use.

Re: T3000 Home vs T3000 Coin Op
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:24:38 PM »
The tops are the same, the difference is coin-op is heavier due to different internal setup in base. I think its 30lbs...?  320 vs 350 maybe..?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 04:28:23 PM »
If prices are close, buy a coin op. Much larger buyer pool when you resell

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 04:50:20 PM »
If prices are close, buy a coin op. Much larger buyer pool when you resell

Why is that? I actually called and talked with Charles Macintosh a bit ago (who I would be buying it from), and he said that back in the day he would sell a lot more coin-ops since that was the buyer marker, but now it has transitioned to where a lot more homeowners and businesses (for their employees) are buying them than bars and places that would use the coin-op feature. Basically said he sells less coin-op tables these days. So theoretically the resale value might be the same or better with the non-coin-op.

Pricing is about the same for both, looks like I could get a tournament used coin-op for the same price as a new non-coin op. I'm leaning more towards the non coin-op just for the factor of not having to deal with the coin-op part of it. If I got the coin-op I'd probably just remove the coin-op part and then have a hole to plug, and have to reach in further to retrieve the balls.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:54:05 PM »
I would buy the coin-op also, no particular reason other than it reminds me more of a tour stop table. Buy what you want it's your call.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:01 PM »
From someone who regularly buys second hand tables and currently owns 5 coin ops:
1. The buyer pool includes those who will use the table to make $ in a bar or other public venue.
2. Coin op tables are heavier due to the internals and thus play more solidly.
3. If you took a poll out on the pro tour, literally 99% of the players who own tables own coin ops. They just play better and feel different than home models.

I know Charles M. well. Ask him and he will likely tell you the same thing that I am.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:03:42 PM by alaskan thunder »

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 12:53:27 PM »
The T3000 Home model is split top with same construction as coin-op they just don't make the cut out for coin mech and use different ramp setup inside...not to be confused with other Tornado home models. So in terms of difference related to play I think that is perception more than reality. If you expect it to be different it will feel different.
Calling the non coin-op split-top a home model probably does it a disservice as it is the same commercial construction.
I would go with non-coin..if I had any wood working skill I would convert my T2000 ramps to match the non-coin op model.