Foosball.com Forums

Free Foosball eBook Available for 5 Days. April 19 - April 23

You can get a copy of the eBook version of "Anatomy of a Pull Shot" for free from Amazon.com for the next 5 Days.

https://www.amazon.com/Foosball-Books-Pull-Jerry-DiDay-ebook/dp/B074S2HMKF/ref=mt_kindle?_encoding=UTF8&me=

The free eBook promotion will only last 5 days , from April 19th to midnight April 23rd.  Also the free book is only available on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.  The eBook should be listed as Free.   

Re: Free Foosball eBook Available for 5 Days. April 19 - April 23
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
If you can not get the free book from the link provided, try logging into your regular Amazon market and searching for "Anatomy of a Pull Shot"  or "Foosball Books".  There was a problem getting the book from Amazon.com for some people.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:33:21 PM »
I downloaded your ebook. Wow, lot of info. Nice job!

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 10:50:09 AM »
Thanks. 

There is a lot of information about pull shots.  Make sure you try out the different techniques for training your shots.  The training exercises are not lessons on how to shoot shots, they are designed to improve your shots.  During a training exercise you should focus on one aspect of your shot.  Focus on what you are doing right and on the exercise.  Later you can go back and try some pull shots to see the improvement.   All the training is low impact, eye-hand coordination and conditioning your senses.  This kind of training has low risk for injury.  Also this kind of training has a very high ceiling.  The amount of improvement you can make to your shots over time is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »
Any thoughts on making Anatomy of a Snake shot? I really don't use a pull/push, I just mess around with it now and then for fun.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 06:28:08 PM »
I don't shoot the snake shot much.  I mainly practice my snake shot so I can defend against the snake.  The shot is a lot less physical than a pull shot is.  If you are going to learn to use the snake, you might as well learn to shoot a front pin too. 

To master the front pin shot you need to learn delivery.  Set the ball up in the middle of the goal with defenders split.  Practice circling the ball then delivering the ball straight into the goal.  Practice circling the ball in both directions.  As you get better knocking the ball between defenders tighten the defense.  Make sure you switch from standard defense to reverse standard defense.  When you can knock the ball in at will, splitting defenders, set up in front of the push and pull side goal, then just knock the ball in until you have the motion perfect.

The snake depends a lot on delivery too.  Practice delivery until you can hit the straight in against tight defenses.  Practice splitting defenses straight in against standard and reverse standard defenses.  Once you can deliver the ball into the goal perfectly, add practice moving the ball then shooting.  Delivery is key though.  Practice knocking the ball into the goal exactly the way you want it to go.  Set up over the goal and practice knocking the ball in until you can get an almost perfect delivery every time you shoot the ball.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:30:38 PM by jerrydiday »