Foosball.com Forums

Used table maintenance

Used table maintenance
« on: June 22, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »
Hi everyone, I just bought a foosball table from craigslist for a sweet deal.  I didn't know what brand it was until I got there and saw it's a Shelti Pro III coin op.  I got it back to my place and noticed some of the bearings are really stiff and a few bumpers are missing, I already bought a full set of new bearing and bumpers to replace them all when they ship.

It's in pretty good shape, some cosmetic damage but nothing major.  One of the 2 bars has a minor bend.
 Once I remove the bars to replace the bumpers and bearings I want to clean the playing surface.  Any advice on what to use?  Just a damp rag or should I use some sort of cleaner? 

Anything else I should do to the table while the bars are out?

Thanks in advance.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Used table maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 10:07:18 PM »
Not familiar with that table but I would clean everything with rubbing alcohol (surface, men, rods, bearings, etc). If it's really grimey you can use something more heavy duty but be careful. I've used goop-off and/or purple power before but you have to be really careful with the hard stuff. If the table is well built, it's probably not necessary to replace all bearing and bumpers. Just replace the ones that need it an save the others for later.

Re: Used table maintenance
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 02:20:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'll just go with the rubbing alcohol, the table's in decent shape.  I figure if I'm going to swap out some of the bumpers and bearings I might as well change them all.  I'll keep the ones that are in decent condition as spare parts.

I also have a full set of new Tornado men that I'm considering swapping out while I've got the men removed to change the bumpers.  Although then I'll have set of used shelti players laying around, not sure if it's worth the swap.