Foosball.com Forums

Coin Op Rene Pierre for sale

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Coin Op Rene Pierre for sale
« on: December 30, 2018, 12:55:33 PM »
Asking $850 but will consider reasonable offers.

I have an awesome Rene Pierre coin op clone for sale. From what I can gather it was made in North Carolina in the late 70's or early 80's. See ad below. For those who don't know me, I have sold 8 or 10 tables on this forum and can provide references if necessary.

For sale is a late 70's or early 80's Le Grande coin operated foosball table. It's a Rene Pierre clone and is very well built. This is a 30 or 40 year old table so it isn't perfect but it is in very good condition for it's age and is a blast to play on. It plays pretty close to a Bonzini B60 that I sold about 6 months ago. The table can be played on just fine now. I have included a bunch of pictures so you can clearly see the condition of the table. If you have any questions or want other specific pics feel free to message me.

The good: The bones of the table are in good shape. Cabinet itself is solid and shows very little wear. The wood only has a few small scuffs and marks. It sat in a conditioned warehouse for the last 15 years so that makes sense. The coin mech and internals all work. The playing surface is solid with only a few small imperfections. The majority of the men are in good shape though they could probably stand to be repainted. All of the rods except for one are straight. These French-style tables are always really pretty and this one is no exception. It really is a beautiful combo of form and function. 

The bad: A few parts need replacing before the table will play perfectly. The prior owner replaced the original handles with rubber ones that fit and play fine but they are ugly and don't match the aesthetic of the table. If I were going to keep the table I would replace these. From what I can gather, the cost would be around $18/per. The majority of the men are solid but 4 of them are cracked and should be replaced. Looks like that cost is around the same as the handles. The remaining 18 men could use a paint job but have no visible cracks or issues. One of the rods drags and it seems that the internal portion of the telescoping rod might be bent. I understand that there is a way to straighten this without having to replace it but I have never done that. The MDF under the playing surface is solid but the Gerflex surface has a small imperfection near one of the walls. Doesn't impact the play of the table but ideally it would be replaced. Looks like replacement is about $40 and apparently the install is very easy. Finally, the legs have some moisture damage on the very bottom. Nothing rotten but looks rough. I thought about repairing and putting a plastic dip on them but I don't know exactly how it would look so I've held off.

All told, this is a great table that can either be used as is, fully refurbished, or something in between. Given that it's coin operated and very heavy, it could be set up to be used in a retail establishment. It's also great for a home because of it's looks and the safety of telescoping rods. I am located in Florida but can ship the table for a reasonable price (just shipped a Bonzini FL > NY for around $250). This is a very good price for a solid table. I just sold a Bonzini coin op for $1900 and this table plays similar for less than half the cost of that and about 1/4 the cost of a new one. 

Thanks for looking!   

https://imgur.com/a/n2Tsv8V
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:03:20 PM by alaskan thunder »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Coin Op Rene Pierre for sale
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:47:38 AM »
Price drop. $650. I need to move this table.