Foosball.com Forums

New here - help replacing men and pins

New here - help replacing men and pins
« on: February 05, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
Hi there.  I bought a table in Thailand which seemed pretty solid and heavy duty at the time and has been reliable in all ways, except after just 18 months of holiday only use I have broken a man.

I went back to the shop where I bought it and the brand has been discontinued. Luckily I had one spare man of each colour which came with the table, but would like to stock up on spares as I don’t want any delay in replacement if there is a repeat.  I used to play in university and hit the ball quite hard and so I probably need a decent solution.

I did no research before buying the table so knew nothing about foosball tables. The table brand called Legend and is Copyright 2006, but it may be a Thai only brand.  The rods are 14mm in diameter.  The men are red and black.  I have seen some Warrior replacement men on eBay, which seem similar in design, but am not sure which pins are suitable...or are all pins standard?  Can anyone advise on pins? 

I am still trying to work out how to post pics here and will try to add some in next post.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: New here - help replacing men and pins
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »
I have only basic recommendations.
Figure out your exact bar OD dimension and pin hole OD dimension.  Sample some roll pins and figures to match.  Note roll pins are a bit compressed in the bar hole, leading to a more snug fit.  Sometimes the locknut and fastener setup can get real sloppy as the bar hole or fastener wears.
And check this article as well: http://foosball.com/features/tablemaintenance/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:07:21 PM by silvafair »