Foosball.com Forums

Are tornado men compatible with sportscraft AMF varsity table?

Are tornado men compatible with sportscraft AMF varsity table?
« on: January 24, 2019, 01:27:17 AM »
I purchased a Sportscraft AMF Varsity foosball table and it did not come with original foosball men. I would like to have counterbalanced men with the balanced roll pins and I was wondering if the Tornado  Foosball Men with  Counter Balanced Roll Pin is compatible with my table. If not if somebody can suggest something similar that will work with my table. Thank you for any assistance!

Re: Are tornado men compatible with sportscraft AMF varsity table?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:37:12 AM »
I think if you add tornado men to your table, it is going to be loose since it uses rolling pin.

I purchased these men here (a little pricey) https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/13-pcs-foosball-kickers-5-8-rod-soccer-standard-table-Tournament-Men-Replacement-table-football-players/900775_32804938909.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.1d986434m2hRW3 and added it to my Atomic/Harvard table (uses nuts and bolts).

I also added a few 2x4 under the playfield to level it and now it's performing very well. The surface is obviously not the same as Tornado (not as slick, ball moves faster on Tornado), the goalie net is smaller (I can cut it to make it the same size as Tornado) and the bearings are without a doubt nowhere as smooth and tight.

With that said, these new men breathe some new life into my table and I actually really like it now. Obviously it's not at the Tornado level, but for what it is... for a practice table... with the new men... it suits me quite well. :)

Re: Are tornado men compatible with sportscraft AMF varsity table?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 09:37:52 AM »
I bought tornado men for a Frankenstein table I built but could not get them on the 5/8" rod. I was able to twist and turn it on about 3 inches but i felt like i was going to break a guy and/or tear muscles in my back in an effort to get them on further. Any recommendations for this? I think I just going to return the guys.. I dont want to drill them out and theres not much to hold on to if i put them on a lathe to ream to .625 (ID on the tornado men is 0.620).