Foosball.com Forums

Has Anyone heard of a Le Grand Foosball Table?

frodehah

Has Anyone heard of a Le Grand Foosball Table?
« on: September 06, 2006, 03:14:56 PM »
I grew up on Rene Pierre tables, and recently a friend invited me over to play on the Rene Pierre he just purchased.  However, the logo on the side of the table says "Le Grand Footsball."  It looks like a Rene Pierre table, but I have never heard of this name brand.  He said it was very old, and I thought that maybe it was a predesessor of Rene Pierre, but I checked out on line and couldn't find any mention of this type of table.  Does anyone have any info on it (like who makes it, or do they still make them, etc...)?  This started out as a mere question, but now I feel like I'm on a mission.  Any info would be much appreciated.  Thanks, Harry
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 04:21:23 PM by frodehah »

Re: Has Anyone heard of a Le Grand Foosball Table?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:26:38 AM »
The Le Grande remains a mystery. I do not have the facts but I was relayed the story about how a NC based company tried to copy the RP to the exact specs back in the early 70's. I've seen and played on a Le Grande. From a distance they look just like a RP but the internal ball tray and mechanical assembly is different.

Where do you currently play?
Check out the details for the upcoming NC State tournament.

AC

frodehah

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 02:59:52 PM »
Thank you Alan.  That's alot more information than I have been able to find.  The only place I have found to play here in Raleigh is Fat Daddy's.  I haven't been playing much in the last year or so, but the last time I played was there.  They have 2 good tables and the regular players are good people and good competetion (sometimes a little too good *S*).  I've heard your name; do you play here in NC?  I grew up in VA Beach(so it might be have been there that I heard your name, or played you).  My brother Arne still plays up there quite a bit (well not much in the last year either).  He usually plays (or played) with Jimmy and Doris and some other names I can't remember.  Anyway, thanks again for the info on Le Grande.  It looks really close to an RP, but the name threw me off.

frodehah

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 03:54:31 PM »
Alan.  I almost forgot.  Do you have a link for info on the NC State Tournament?  Alsodo RP or Bonzini parts work as replacements for the Le Grande tables?  If not, I just want to let the guy know before he starts ordering parts for the Le Grande he just bought.  The table is VERY OLD and in need of alot of repairs, and I thought I would warn him if the RP and Bonzini parts are not substitutable. 

Also, I talked to Arne and he said I should know you (for eiither here or Va Bch).  Apparently you and Bruce have played with him and Charlene, and Jimmy and Doris.  I think I met you and your wife at Fat Daddy's too.  Let me know if you are one in the same.  My home email address is hfrodehansen@nc.rr.com if you want to email me directly.  Thanks again and have a great weekend.  Harry.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 06:26:52 AM »
Yes, I know Arne real well.

We're having a foosball weekend event at Fat's on Sept. 29th and 30th.
Try to stop by and plat some.

Check out http://www.bonziniusa.com for all the event information about the upcoming NC State.

Alan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »
I'm curious about this table as well.  Found one at a yard sale yesterday morning.  Guy bought it from a bar many years ago with the intention of restoring it, never had the time now he wants it gone. Price was right ($50) but it needed lots of work.  Do the R/P or Bonzini parts fit?

Thanks
John

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
I own a "Le Grand Footsball" table. I always thought it was a copy of the Bonzini B90 table as it looks almost identical and has the same cast aluminum men. There is an I.D. plate located on the end of the table that says made by Supak & Sons Manufacturing. I just ordered some replacement Bonzini parts including 2 new players for it so I'm hoping they fit.

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
Sorry, I just googled a vintage Rene Pierre table and I have to say my Le Grand Footsball table looks more like the Rene Pierre then the Bonzini table. I am now worried about the new players and handles I just ordered. Does anyone know if they will fit?
Marc