Basically foosball is what you see here. A table with 8 rods and 'table soccer' figures all over with a ball and some handles. There is a goal at each end and a place to serve on each side in the middle. Each player/team uses their handles to move their men to strike the ball into the opposing teams goal. You always go to your right and defend at your left. The tables are very cleverly build to provide different kinds of rods with different spacing between the men. The game is fast and funny and everyone cheers and laughs. You can play for years and never get board. Don't be surprised if you get so excited you sweat a little bit from the excitement.
What is Foosball?
- The simple rules would be: Hit the ball into the goal. Your goal is on the left, you try to score to the right.
- More advanced rules would include: No spinning. If you score, the other team serves. Be polite, no swearing.
- Want to see more rules?
How To Play?
Okay, this could get long. Maybe you better check the school of foosball later.
- Serve: Try to push the ball over to your figures. This can be tricky so practice.
- Hitting the ball: Never spin. The best way to strike the ball is with a flick or snap of the wrist and hand. Give it a couple tries and you'll get it.
- Passing and catching: Be soft, absorb the impact. Don't over react to the ball. Sort of guide the ball, don't fight it. Use the 'force', don't think or try to hard.
- Shooting: Move the ball along the table before you shoot. Everyone will stay in front of you on defense so you have to move it one way or the other quickly then snap or flick it into the goal. Don't do a big wind up before you hit the ball. A flick motion is the answer, it just takes a couple try's to get the knack of it.
- Defense: Think of all you men as a team. They move together to make a larger 'wall' of defenders. Try not to over react and stay in front of the ball. Remember, the ball will be shot where it is, don't follow the man.
- Blocking slop: Balls roll into the goal on even the best players. The key is to stay calm. Block the corners of the goal with you goalie tilted back. Move to the ball in a steady manner, like playing pong on an old computer game. Don't jump around the table, be smooth.