Foosball.com Forums

Just bought my tornado table

Just bought my tornado table
« on: October 19, 2007, 12:03:48 AM »
Hey, I just bought a tornado twister II! I got it for 300 and the thing looks brand new. Im not sure if 300 was a good deal or not, but the play seems really good. Im gonna have to replace the men sooner or later to get the counter balanced. but all in all I think its a good table. what do you guys think of these tables?

Re: Just bought my tornado table
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »
Congrats on the purchase.

300 is execellent for a Twister II!  I paid 750 for mine about 5 years ago.  I really love the table!  When company comes over the always say that they didn't know that foosball tables could be so nice.

The table should have had counter balanced men to begin with, mine does.  Came with it.

The only thing that I have changed is add the feet levelers.  I plan to upgrade to new competition bars in the future just because it feels so different at tournaments when the bars are heavier.

Have Fun!

Foosball Murphy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:38:47 PM »
I guess if you just want a table to play with family and friends that should do the trick. If you are ever
interested in playing local, regional, or national tournaments, then you most likely want to get at least a
storm II, but preferably a cyclone II.

-zeke

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
I'd say save a few extra hundred bucks and get the tournament table.   Had a not so good experience with the cyclone II, but love my 2000.  But 300 bucks is a good deal man.

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »
I've had a cyclone II for about years and it's been pretty good. Ultimately, a tournament coin up table would be the best choice, but if Joe went
for the twister, then i'm sure he's got a smaller budget than the $1200-1500 for a coinup.

-zeke

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »
zeek,
your videos prove a person can get as good as they want on a Cyclone but the coin op is obviously the best table to buy if you can swing it...a person can get a good used brown marble coin op (my favorite of the tables) for around $500...we play on a 15 year old one at the Buzzard Beach in Westport...it has been in this bar the entire time...it is used but considering what it has been through over the years, it is amazing...if a person buys a decent coin op, it will be the last table that person ever buys

foosin Joe,
as far as the twister goes, $300 is good and it is good enough table for you to learn all kinds of things and decide how much like the game...if you decide you want to keep after it 6 months to a year from now you should be able to resell it for $300 and put that toward an upgrade...preferably the coin op so it is your last table...if you decide to do that, ask around and let people know your budget - lot of changes happening with the table these days and better to find out where it is at/going before making any other changes

good luck and hope to see you in Olathe one of these days

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »
yea, im in college so my budget is pretty tight, im gonna be eatin ramen noodles for a while due to buying this table, but its all good. yea theres a coin op in a bar like a block away from my house, just wanted something to mess around with at home. I can definatly tell the differences in the two. Ive been playin off and on for a few years now, and ill probably end up buyin a good table next year.

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »
So what is the difference in the tables other than weight? Can you add weight to a Twister II or is there something else in the setup to be considered?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 06:07:43 PM »
weighted men, heated treated rods, goal design, and I don't think twister has split bearings...I don't know about the playing surface or strips that run down the side

but even if you have a Cyclone, which has weighted men, HT rods, and split bearings, it plays different...I had a friend who owned one and we played on it a ton and I can't believe it is only a weight difference...the table played different apart from weight

but as was stated earlier, you can learn all you need to on a Cyclone and probably on models further down, there would just need to be some adjustment to coin ops when you played in a tournament....when I first played, we didn't know any better and bought a lower home model and my friends and I got quite good using that table...there was a time I practiced on it 8 hours aday apart from play with my friends...

funny, it would have really bothered me had I known any better but I didn't and it was fine...there was transistion at tournaments but it didn't take that long

bbt

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »
Aren't the rods on the cyclone II plated and I don't believe they are heat treated,,,,,just what I was told from the manufacturer when I dhad a few probs with my Cyclone II.  The Cyclone II does play a little differently, but I liked mine a lot and hated to see it go....but definately don't regret the upgrade.

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 02:31:48 AM »
Yeah  your right..... the Cyclone has plated rods.   The only tables with HT rod are T2000, F5, and the newer coin ops.  The weight does make it play different.  But there is soooo much to learn on any of the tables.  Just worry about what you can practice on ur table (twister)  Your five bar should transfer over to any table.  Just practice that, and general ball control.   Good buy though.  Good luck.