Foosball.com Forums

Foosball ball Question

Foosball ball Question
« on: November 28, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »
Anyone out there have any tricks on cleaning foosballs.....saw a guy once soak them in detergant and water i think....any suggestions

Offline Daniel

Re: Foosball ball Question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
Put them in a sock and throw them in the wash.

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 04:43:31 PM »
Rubbing alcohol works good and quick.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:29:50 AM »
does the sock and alcohol trick bring back a little of the fuzziness?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:34:50 AM »
here is everything you want to know about how to get Fuzzy Balls  :P

http://foosballboard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2680&highlight=fuzzy

here is the direct link to the article on how to refurb your pink little balls

http://www.foosballboard.com.nyud.net:8080/fqba.pdf

the thread is worth the read because it talks about other less complicated ways to reburb...

soab and water, a good firm bristled scrub brush, and then a good hot drying in a clothing bag and dry will make a big difference...the method above will make most like new

good to note, you don't ever really loose the fuzz, it just gets matted down, that is why you never see little pink droppings from the balls, so the idea is to just clean the dirt off of them and get the nap back up

good luck
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:44:27 AM by bbtuna »

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:06:15 PM »
Buy all means, do not use the grit of sandpaper specified in that article.  I play on tables with those balls and they are terrible.  60 grit sandpaper is way to fine and will not bring the balls back to factory specs.  Steve Marshall is the guy in the picture and is a great guy, so anything I write here is not in any way a slam on him or the way he keeps his tables.  For some reason the balls he refurbs roll way to fast and when you shoot a pull they stick to the surface like bubble gum.

The factory used a commercial dryer lined with 20 and 24 grit norton sandpaper.  You will find it in the floor refinishing area at Home Depot or Lowes.  I bought a used gas dryer for $25 and spent another $35 on sandpaper and glue.  I gave mine to Spirit Mollice a year or so ago.  You could probable pay him to tumble you balls for you, but you will have to wash them first.  Honestly, you can not tell the difference between brand new and refurb balls if you will use the courser grit I am reccomending here.

Good luck

Ed

Offline grandmaster

• Any table, any time.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 12:18:21 PM »
Bingo. What Ed said.