Foosball.com Forums

I keep hitting the wall is there any answer to this madness?

Offline Steve

• Showdown
I keep hitting the wall is there any answer to this madness?
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
 >:(

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
Re: I keep hitting the wall is there any answer to this madness?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 09:53:42 AM »
There is probably an answer as well as a way to correct the problem.  However, we have no idea what wall, what you are trying to do, which rod you are shooting from, which hole you are aiming for, etc.  I little more information MIGHT yield some good responses and suggestions for correcting the problem and stopping the madness   8)

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »
my pull

i cant seem to get around the ball on my 3 man .long pull

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
Well there are a few things you can try.but a few questions to start off.  First, can you shoot a square shot to the big dot(release the ball at the center of the goal and have it go straight into the goal, not being condescending, but I don't know what table you are playing on), or does it spray?  Secondly, are you trying to go too long?  thrid, are you following through on the forward part of the stroke back toward the opposite wall to help square it off?

It would really help if I saw your entire set-up, ball positioning, stance and stroke, but I'll see if I can talk through it with you, one step at a time.

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 07:01:32 PM »
ok I have pull that more or less squeezes out I cant snap my wrist it goes dead bar but im haveing trouble geting around fast enugh for that little cut back
i am trying to sq it off but still all wall maybe I just cant shoot it any more? ts brown top

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:34:16 AM »
It sounds like your missing the sweet spot on the pitch.  With the 3-rod in pull shot position set the ball on the goal side of the first man back far enough to be on the edge of the sweet spot. Then practice hitting the ball as though you were doing a pull.  Continue to do this until you can cut the ball back, square it off or spray it on demand.  Once you feel confortable doing this and it aign't that easy set the ball up regular and practice the pitch.  Practice pitching the ball back to where the sweet spot is.  Finally,  put the two parts together and you will be able to shoot effectively

Offline Steve

• Showdown
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 03:28:32 PM »
thanks i will let ya know how it comes out

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 03:44:04 PM »
i tore the far wall bumper off recoiling back on pull practice...the shot just really wears on me...shoot a snake