Foosball.com Forums

Lets be honest. New Table ?s

Lets be honest. New Table ?s
« on: March 08, 2008, 06:04:35 PM »
OK, I'm ready to make the commitment to buying a table but I don't have that much money. To start I am spoiled, in college I only played on Tornado tables, now that I have graduated and am ready to buy one of my own I want some input. I don't really want to spend all that much and have been presented with the opportunity to buy a Shelti. It's a Foos 100 and I can pick it up for $250 on craigslist. The table is practically new, says he has only played 10 games on it. Is this worth it? Will I get good practice on it? What are the major differences between this table and a tornado?

Review: Is a Shelti worth $250?

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Lets be honest. New Table ?s
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »
save your money and buy a used Tornado coin-op - if a table is worth that much depends on age, condition, and original normal sales amount (in other words, not published retail but what they actually normally sell for)

but I think no matter how much it is it is a waste of money because it isn't a Tornado coin-op

Offline EDGEER

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »
For $250 I would say yes.  You can change out the rods and men and have a nice T-2000 for under $500.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:14:56 PM »
be patient best things come to those who wait......be patient and a used coin op will pop up