Foosball.com Forums

Shelti Pro Foos III

Re: Shelti Pro Foos III
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »
Thanks everyone.

A few questions about the Tournament-used tables to make sure I understand the previous posts:

1.  Are they the stainless steel wrapped one?

2.  Are they split cabinet?

3.  Do they have the coin-operation mechanism?  I know this can be set to free-play.

Thanks again,

ClearScreen

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »
1.  Are they the stainless steel wrapped one?
I think some are, see the list and when you call, just ask mary

2.  Are they split cabinet?
they are all split and are all coin-ops...all coin-ops are split (Tornado anyway)

3.  Do they have the coin-operation mechanism?  I know this can be set to free-play.
yes and yes...there are a couple of ways to handle this, when you get your table, get back on here and one of us will coach the how-to part

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »
There will be some new ones at the US Open for sale and those are the stainless steel ones that can have issues.

Mary's have the marbled siding, have No Issues and are Not Warped. They're Very Good looking tables and they all play extremely well.
They are coin-ops and do come with the coin mechanism.
And all coin-ops are split cabinets. Super easy to fetch toys out of   :).
It's also VERY simple to set them on free play, you just don't attach the coin mech and the "ready ramp" so that all you have to do is simply reach in and grab a ball...Very Very Easy!

I'll be shooting a step by step video at The US Open next weekend showing exactly how to to put one together and how to set it on free play. It'll be posted on This Week In Foosball so you can watch it there.

You can also see pics and other videos from the 2008 Professional Tour there as well.
Here's the link to it.
http://www.thisweekinfoosball.foosball.com/gallery.html

When you go to the video section, subscribe!
Subscribers recieve automatic updates when new videos are added.
It's a great way to keep up to date on what's happening on the Pro Tour and in the world of Professional Table Soccer.
It's free to register and easy to join,
So Don't Forget To Subscribe!!

In the mean time, if you have any more question, don't hesitate to ask. There's plenty of well informed players here that are more than willing to help.
Good Luck!

Offline noops

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »
Hey This Week In Foos or BBTuna,

After some research on "the other forum" it would seem that I bought my brushed metal coin-op about the time that some of the bumper/bearing/playing surface issues came out.  So, what exactly were those issues?  I have noticed that a lot of wall passes squirt though, but I thought it was just new bumpers, and they'd break in.  What else should I be looking for?  How is the surface warping?  Is it just coming off or is in convexing across the table?  And what about the bearings?

Any help would be appreciated.  Hoping I didn't buy a $1500 new table when the old one might have been better, or that the new one doesn't fall apart on me.

N

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »
OK.  I have decided to follow the experts' advice.  I have been in contact with Mary and I am starting to make the arrangements for a new Tournament table from the upcoming tournament.  Thanks again.

ClearScreen

P.S.  My wife is still cracking up about the concept of "slower balls", but I am not sure that is foos-related.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:09 PM »
Noops,

the space between the bumper and side is an issue on the older table too so balls have been squirting through for a while...they have determined a fix and that is replacement of the front side of the bearings but they are not available yet...just hang in there...if you paid $1500 for the table, you may want to contact the seller and let them know you are aware of this and are expecting them to pay for replacement...the rest of us are on our own

the other issue with the table is some warping of the table surface....it has to do with how it was assembled...if you are finding uneven spots, hils, hard set up etc then don't worry about it

if you have that issue, I know Mary Moore had some of the stainless steel tables up in Mich and her set up people figured how to address the issue and fixed all the surfaces...no big fix that I hear just you need to know what to do...

I have a good buddy who played up there and absolutely loved the metal wrapped table and he plays on Grey Marble here all the time...he said for sure he was going to buy one

ClearScreen,
go for brushed metal and you will have to work on your slower balls issue by yourself or with your wife :P

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 05:40:52 PM »
the other issue with the table is some warping of the table surface....it has to do with how it was assembled...if you are finding uneven spots, hils, hard set up etc then don't worry about it

It's not really an issue of the surface being warped. On top of each side of the return "alley" they've placed a couple of screws to help support the surface. If those screws aren't adjusted properly, they exert upward pressure on the surface when you lower the top. Tom Yore showed me this because he and others were having difficulty setting up their pullshots. Interesting in that it turns out the support screws sit almost directly under where you're trying to set up the ball. The screws were creating small "hills" preventing the ball from staying put. An easy adjustment... just a quarter turn here, a half turn there.

Oh... and I still think the new laminate makes the table look like something from an appliance store.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:42:27 PM by TSR_Brad »

Offline noops

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 05:43:34 PM »
Thanks much BBTuna.  I appreciate it.  A minor moment of panic is now over.

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 05:45:34 PM »
Slower Balls  :D :D :D :D...I get it!

The new bearings are shaved down some to stop the ball squirting thru issue and should be available now. Ask your vender.
As for the warping, place a level pointing vertically (towards the center of the table) near the wall on one side between the 5 rods and take note of where the bubble indicates the high side is. Then do this on the other side.

If it indicates that the high side is towards the wall on both sides, then you have a warped surface.

You can also set a ball in the lane at the 2 rod and hit it slowly down the lane (don't hit it too hard as you'll hit it thru the break. The same as you can play thru the break when putting in golf). Do this on both sides. If the ball "breakes" towards the center of the table from both sides, then you have a warped surface.

This can be fixed by bringing the support screws up till they place slight resistance on the under side of the surface when you close the cabinet. This will take most of the warp out of the playing surface, however, over time this might start to crack the underside of the surface and cause the surfece to bow.
Plus if you bring them up too high, then the surface will crown, which is far worse for the table....

Damned if you do.....Damned if you don't.

If you can, i'd waite to do this till after the US Open so you can watch the video on it and better understand what im talking about. You don't want to crack the surface.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:49:24 PM by This Week In Foosball »

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »
I just got off the phone with Mary.  She is super-nice.  We are all confirmed and I'll be getting the coin-op in a few weeks. 

Thanks again for all your help.

ClearScreen

Offline noops

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »
Congrats ClearScreen.  I realloy love playing on my coinop