Foosball.com Forums

Buying a Used Table

Offline Welch

Re: Buying a Used Table
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 12:07:06 PM »
so what happened? did you get that brwn marble? we have one in a bar down here in lincoln and it plays super fast but its a little too fast for my pull shot.  anyway mark murrel i think is how you spell it has some new bearings with teflon inserts, well we got them on the 2 and 3 and theyre awesome.  if possible replace your bearings with these, we used to refurb tables every few months cause they got a lot of play, but these bearings have been on for 3 or 4 months and show very little wear.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »
The guy finally got back to me with some photos:

And here's what he had to say about the condition:
there is no warpage on the top, I replaced: two rods on key side of the table ,many bearings, half a dozen men, I have pins and the tool for removing pins when replacing men, as well as a ton of balls,  and I think two extra rods.

This is a used table but it is in good condition. It is very playable rolls flat and straight. No wear on goal mouths.

you will not be dissapointed....I hate to sell it, but I never play, mostly because noone will play me. It is definately worth $500. Even if you just cover it with a nice piece of wood and use it is an table with bars stools.

It is heavy and seperates into two pieces+the legs. We will have to take it apart to get it outta my house.

It looks alright to me, although I'm kind of wondering what he has stuffed in the goals. I'm not sure whether it would be reasonable to try to haggle it down a bit or if I should just take it.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »
I don't remember, was it local so you could pick it up?  I don't see anything about the condition of the rods?  Ask him if any of them are bent or pealing and may need replacement.

depending on how many rods, if any, need replacement.  If none are bad I would offer him $400 and then take whatever he comes back with...

that might change depending on the rods...