Foosball.com Forums

Warrior Table

Offline Will17

Warrior Table
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:15:19 PM »
So I found the table I think I am going to buy, Warrior Table, i'm paying 400 + 200 in shipping + handling. The cheapest Tornado coin op I can get would be 1000 right now, and I don't have that much. Any thoughts on weather I should go for it or not? Seems like a good deal to me.

Offline MR.STEVE

• slowhand
Re: Warrior Table
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
I would warrior has a deal with Mary to do tourneys for the next couple of years so that will be the standard for now I have been playing on them lately I would get one no prob..

Offline Will17

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »
Thanks Steve - i'm all over it I think, can't really pass this one up.

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:54:34 PM »
$400 is what they were sold for at KY which is a real good deal, at least $300-$400 under retail...some won them

I have played with Shane Darby the last two weeks at our weekly DYP and he won one at KY and he grew up on Tornado...I have heard him talk about it a bunch of times and bottom line is he really likes the table

it is light compared to Tor but doesn't jar as much as you might think considering how light it is but it does move a little

however, as far as playability goes, he says it is the bomb ...the mans foot is enough different to be positive, ball comes off the wall nicely, and he said the biggest and most power impact is the ball

all IFP tournaments will be on Warrior so that is the way things are moving...big difference and my only hesitation is the build quality is not up to Tor standards

$400 bucks for a table is a good price, especially one that may very likely be the main future of American foosball too bad $200 in shipping

if it was me....hmmmm, I think i would do it

Offline Will17

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:57:19 PM »
Ya, i'm in canada, and the table is in california, so 200 is not too bad actually... hope i don't get tagged with too many duties and brokerage fees too.

Offline wildcard

• Bing-Bing-BING-G-G-G-G! Ricochet Rabbit!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
Are you buying Moyas?

Offline Will17

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »
ya it's moya's table. its done now, i got everything figured out and it should be on its way monday. Thanks for the help, i just wanted to make sure it was a decent deal before buying it.

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 02:32:49 AM »
Grats on a table Will, I know we were talking about getting a table around the same time.... glad you finally found one that you want to play on. I was super happy with the cherry coin op I found for $600, and I hope your $600 goes to a great person, and a table that you'll enjoy for quite some time.

I remember reading about the ball returns on the warrior tables, at their tournaments I heard that many of the ball return shoots were attached poorly, you might just take a look  at how everything on the table is attached, and make sure it's firm..... this would probably not only help with your ball return, but the overall structural integrity of the table.

Offline Will17

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 01:45:19 PM »
Can anyone who has played on this table give me a list of things that are differnet from a tornado? I understand the ball is grippier. Does it play different? Brush passing, pull shooting ,tic tacing, rollover. Does the ball move the same? how bad does the table actually lift off the ground?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »
You won't believe how many balls you will snag with the warrior men it's insane!! Control is much better, it lacks some of tornado's speed, and the single back man took me a minute or two to get used to. You can actually take your fingernail and put a dent in the ball it's almost (gummy) awesome front pins. Brush are alot simpler and sticks are unreal!! Remember not as fast action as tornado----kinda reminds me of a super charged shelti.

Snake

Offline Will17

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 03:38:41 PM »
Thanks Snake. I'm pretty excited now.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »
I have a question for you then snake, or anyone who has played on a warrior table. I remember while learning on a DM/Lowen that you couldn't 'throw' your goalie rod far corner in defense because the man would actually overshoot the boundaries of the goal. Does this table have the same deal with relying on muscle memory and not the bumpers to tell you when you've hit the goals edge?

Offline Will17

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 06:51:01 PM »
from this picture, the bumpers appear to let you move the man a fair distance pas the corner of the goal, but not all the way to the corner, for obvious reasons.
links removed. spam. sorry.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 06:43:04 PM by macfoos »

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »
yes you will completely overshoot the goal on this table.  I was trying to put my hand on the actual rod to prevent it at KY state but it just didn't feel too good.  The only reason it over shoots the goal, I believe, is because they decided to make this goal smaller.  

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »
 I have a question for you then snake, or anyone who has played on a warrior table. I remember while learning on a DM/Lowen that you couldn't 'throw' your goalie rod far corner in defense because the man would actually overshoot the boundaries of the goal. Does this table have the same deal with relying on muscle memory and not the bumpers to tell you when you've hit the goals edge?

Yes Nate.. just like most logically designed and spaced single player goalkeeper bars, the goalkeeper player can go past the point where it just closes that corner of the goal.  This eliminates most outright jarring, preventing bumpers turning defense into a racing jar lateral.  It also allows, like the TS and Dynamo, to dribble past the goal, between the goalkeeper player and either 2bar player, without the danger or losing it backwards into the goal.