Foosball.com Forums

deal spot on wall

deal spot on wall
« on: July 02, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
Hello all,

I just picked up a table last night that was in need of a good home...  Previous owners didn't take as good of care as it deserved.  The table is the the Gibraltar Model# 2000-DLX.  http://www.chicago-gaming.com/gibraltar.php

I was noticing during play that on one of the back walls on one side of the goal the wall has a "dead" spot..  when I hit the ball to the wall it does not bounce back with nearly the same amount of force as the other three three surfaces.  The other parts of the walls alongside both goals have excellent rebounding but that other one just seems to almost absorb all the energy of the ball and not bring it back to me very well..   Is there anything I can do?  I tapped the wood with the ball and it sounds almost hollow behind the wood whereas the other areas sounded very solid...  I havn't experienced this before when I played this type of table at a friends home. 

Hope this picture helps!  the ___ is the goals.  the xxx is the unfortunate dead spot.  The cornes are tipped up due to the one man goalie setup. 

|===__xxxx|
|              |
|              |
|              |
|              |
|===__===|

Any help much appreciated!